Punture repairs motorbike

kecal, Sep 30, 6:07am
do people out and about on motor bikes carry a repair kit?
any recommendations if you do , or is it called a cell phone.
seen some on here but unsure if they wrk and do they cause more trouble than they look .
iam intending to ride longer distances .
thankyou.

headcat, Sep 30, 6:55am
Have had one flat in 40 years. and that was too bad for the tyre pando to fix so still don't know if they work.

m16d, Sep 30, 7:09am
I have always carried them plugs and co2 gas bottles on the Honda. I have used them twice. once on a mates Harley and again on someone's BMW. They usually put enough puff in the tire to get to a garage and pump it up proper.

oliver6, Sep 30, 8:01am
I ride a road bike and always carry a repair kit and have used it 3 times. The one where you enlarge the hole and then insert a sticky tube of rubber.
It has worked well. I also rode dual purpose bikes which have tubes and have replaced many tubes over the last 40 years.
I never go on a longish ride without the equipment.

noodleman4, Sep 30, 8:25am
This is the way to go ,^^^^^^^^^ . dont bother with any goop from a can .

mggd, Sep 30, 8:32am
I packed a rear Tyre with dry grass to get me home years ago, about 30kms, was slow but better than walking. Always had a pando after that and never needed it.

nzjay, Sep 30, 9:37am
Your best insurance for any motorcycle problem I reckon is AA Plus. Repair or get you and your bike home for $49 / year. The insurance is on the person, so no matter what you are driving/riding, even a work vehicle.
It's additional to a membership by the way.

tamarillo, Oct 1, 7:28am
I carry a bike specific repair kit, though never used it. You can get a can of stuff that you squirt in and it automatically seals normal puncture as prevents sudden deflation. I believe $110 that does four squirts. Some folk swear by it. Bike shops have it I think.
Wouldn't go without aa membership as don't really trust the repair kit!

richardmcf, Oct 2, 9:36am
yeah nah bro, the plug repair kits are good with most tubleess, tubes. replace or patch. gold card and cell reception.

fomoco64, Oct 2, 10:18am
I have used plug and Co2 gas twice on my BMW , got me home both times . Well worth it if you are miles from anywhere. Do get it repaired properly or replace tyre afterwards.

bitsy_boffin, Apr 2, 9:35am
Tubeless, carry a string repair CO2 kit, with plenty of cartridges (try gun/paint ball shop for CO2 carts) - "thumbs up!" Is common brand of kit.

Tubed, carry cell phone, sturdy walking shoes, and something to snack on while you try and find reception out in the middle of nowhere, or a tube patch kit, spare tube, tyre irons, centre stand.

Got a puncture on a tubed bike once out in the country, found garage after an hour, 2 cans of pando in lasted all of 10ks, the remaining 30ks to edge of town or so was not easy, ditched bike in random kind strangers place and got taxi home came back next day with trailer. Next bike was tubeless.