2 Cheap Cars, Tauranga.

unique-shadow, Nov 1, 5:27am
Hi.
Im looking at buying a car, and have found a Mazda Axela here for 8k.
Has anyone bought from this company (doesnt have to be the TGA one), and thoughts? Ive heard very very mixed reviews, about the same amount of good and bad.

TIA

tamarillo, Nov 1, 5:29am
Search for them in old posts here. Lots of discussion, often negative, they sell cheap because they buy cheaper cars, but tread carefully, get full check done, and could be fine.

stevo2, Nov 1, 6:05am
My daughter was after an Axela for $8k as well so we called in for a look. All of their cars looked like rubbish to me.
So we travelled up to Aucks to look at a few up their for the same money (also 2 cheap cars) and they too were rough. Nothing on their yard looked even remotely tidy to me.
She ended up buying a real nice Tiida 1800cc from Aucks for $8k http://www.auto4u.co.nz/. If you want a 2000cc model take a look here for under $8k http://www.bryce4cars.co.nz/vehicle.aspx?stockno=3088

stevo2, Nov 1, 6:37am
Forgot to mention they charge a whopping $500 orc on top at 2cheap.

xs1100, Nov 1, 7:46am
remember the old saying if its too good. so why even ask the fact remains the same what makes you thinknthey have the one Asian grandmother owned car that was only driven to church on a sunday at that amazing price and all the other dealers missed it. that's right they missed it for a reason

morticia, Nov 1, 7:51am
They sound like Ron Spiers for the new millenium.

He banked on selling overpriced, usually crappy cars on tick that the payment would fall behind and he'd repo and sell again. Some cars seemed like they were on regular rotation in the yard. Mind you, he also sold some real little rippers back in the day that did last well.

henreitta, Nov 1, 8:10am
looked at them a while ago, my trade in car ,nissan march, good cond, rego, new W O F , 80.000km, they offered $200 for the trade in price

not a good place, ( auckland branch )

nesta129, Nov 1, 11:12pm
The compliance place I went to,to get my wof done told me there get a lot of damaged,cheap cars into the country.2000 more cars on the boat on its way to NZ for them right now lol.

franc123, Nov 1, 11:30pm
Shyte that's insulting to say the least. Assuming we're talking a tidy post 04 model you wouldn't accept less than 2800 as a trade.

henreitta, Nov 2, 2:38am
It a 1999 ( older shape one, 1000cc) good wee car just a bit difficult for mrs to get into and a bit hard to get her wheelchair into the back,even with the rear seat folded down. just going to bide my time till finance a bit better and get a toyota that another poster suggested some time ago

Then again, i could get a towbar and tow the mrs wheelchair around . Hehehe

tgray, Nov 2, 3:07am
1000cc?
towbar?
Mutually exclusive words, surely?

franc123, Nov 2, 3:34am
Oh. Its still worth more than $200 though.

henreitta, Nov 2, 5:06am
Nah, not if i only towing the mrs round in her wheelchair, should manage that
Anyways, not going back to that car sales place. Even I know better than that

tgray, Nov 2, 5:27am
Add a zero.

kazbanz, Nov 2, 11:40pm
Henrietta-my honest advice,. Grab an older higher milage Toyota Funcargo.-1999-2003 for example. I bet you 10 chokkie fish that you wont know yourself. Then sell your little march privately.

henreitta, Nov 4, 2:59am
Thanks for the good advice ( again ) I am keeping a watch out on a car sales yard on the other side of auckland and will pay a visit one day,it seems like a very trusting place.

aktow, Nov 4, 12:13pm
2 cheap cars stands for,,,, we buy the shit trade in cars , spent next to nothing making them look okay and then charge a arm and leg for them.

unique-shadow, Nov 8, 3:41am
Thanks! I also have my eye on that one.

Thank you for all the comments. :D I had a look at the car in person the other day, and I agree. Yard wasnt the nicest compared to others, and a few of the cars (including the Axela!) looked as if they had been driven through mud. Also looked like It had a space saver wheel on it too.

Back to the drawing board !

stevo2, Nov 8, 3:56am
If you do decide on Bryce's Axela, he is a top guy to deal with and it is the 2lt model

stevexc, Nov 13, 2:03am
Their cars in the Christchurch yard are similar. A bit rough around the edges, as if a typical neglegent kiwi driver has already had the car for a few years.