Hot toyotas

Page 1 / 2
vorsprung, Jan 1, 9:41am
Saw quite a few cooking Toyotas half way up hills during my travels, 4x hilux/surf, 2x hiace and a camry, musnt like the warm weather

franc123, Jan 1, 10:16am
Given the lack of maintenance they get in most cases, its not surprising.

serf407, Jan 1, 10:17am
More likely as a result of the Toyota owners being neglectful about servicing their vehicles correctly.

laurelanne, Jan 1, 4:12pm
On the Coromandel Peninsula the towies say that BMW is the most retrieved car due to overheating.

tamarillo, Jan 1, 6:18pm
Have heard they're fussy about correct maintenance and need water topping up even! Ha, imagine having to do that!

gammelvind, Jan 1, 6:59pm
Shades of my neighbour saying his 4 stroke lawnmower makes strange noises, I ask simply "when did you last check the oil?" To which I got a really perplexed look "it takes oil?"

poppy62, Jan 1, 8:45pm
Business must be slow for the Towies there.

nightboss, Jan 1, 10:30pm
Not in Loopy season.

intrade, Jan 1, 10:33pm
i seen a guy poure water in to his 2005+ jeep cheroke was thinking that vehicle dont likes plain water . just imagin these cars will be for sale as mint condition on tradme and somone ships them to the south island without even have seen it.

franc123, Jan 1, 10:50pm
Then a month later there's a whingy whiny thread started on here entitled Jeep/Surf/Hiace/Camry/Whatever-
blown head gasket what are my rights, the regulars start asking what did the independent PPI tell you about the state of the coolant, and the OP either doesn't answer the question or doesn't post again. Its all sadly predictable.

elect70, Jan 2, 2:16am
Probably got A/c going flat out & the electric fans arent going so in slow traffic they cook . A/C never gets any maintenance so only find problems when they use it for first time in summer

ignition328, Jan 2, 3:51am
Meanwhile the corolla is trucking on past 370,000kms soon and the A/C is fine. The A/C on my motorbike has been working fine so far as well

1joe, Jan 2, 5:07am
I passed a surf going up the titiokuras in my diesel disco, steam coming out under the bonnet of the surf and the driver seemed oblivious

cabrio1, Jan 2, 6:19am
With such a scientific answer I can only assume you get a better class of tourist on the coromandel.
Just came back from up north and all the breakdowns I saw were jappas, go figure.

myrns, Jan 2, 6:23am
This would be fun. 1005583005

laurelanne, Jan 2, 6:33am
I'm not a towie, but a mechanic and a towie were rubbishing euro cars one night and I questioned why. They were both adamant that BMW was the most prone vehicle to have overheating problems on the Kopu Hikuai. It is fair to assume a good portion would be second hand imports.

tweake, Jan 2, 6:38am
nice ! hot in a good way.
shame no cert plate.

tweake, Jan 2, 6:39am
also possibly older cheap models that no one in their right mind would buy !

gram, Jan 2, 6:50am
Fantastic. $50G spent and a broom holds the bonnet open.
I can't help thinking there's better value elsewhere.

elect70, Jan 2, 8:15am
All leaving in droves like leemings at first bit of bad weather now . Cant hack it , all the fair weather campers /boaties

morrisman1, Jan 2, 8:19am
I just came back from holidays and saw no breakdowns. Sorry I didnt have a better story!

tony9, Jan 4, 4:16am
Either he has made a mistake and has too many "0"s in the asking price or he does not want to sell it.

mainlander05, Jan 5, 7:07am
My little coltplus flys up and down the k/h all the time and not even a flicker on the temp guage.
Mind you I always service it.

supernova2, Jan 5, 9:01am
and apparently flys through WOFs! Wonder when it last had one?

-bonnieparker-, Jan 5, 9:12am
i had this problem on saturday coming back from whiti. 5.5 hour drive whiti to hamilton due to banked up traffic on the kopu hikuai, idling in traffic for almost an hour before turua had my car up to red line (fan normally turns on just before redline, but didn't come on). had to turn off car and roll into turua to let it cool down. Then had to roll down the hill to the Thames turn off as well due to same problem. 95 astra. thank god my dad is a mechanic and hopefully we'll have it sorted tomorrow.