Love my new Suzuki Swift

radgirl, Dec 30, 12:26am
BUT as its an import, the radio does not expand enough to get a station that I want and also a CD is stuck in the CD player. any ideas people to help me thanks

franc123, Dec 30, 12:28am
Get the dealer to fix it.

poppajn, Dec 30, 12:28am
Back to where you bought it and ask for a band expander to be fitted and get them to release the CD

radgirl, Dec 30, 1:25am
umm thanks but it was a private sale-- should have sorted it but my first purchase after a marriage split and I tried to be "capable! " and not be a girls blouse! ho hum Ill learn!

rovercitroen, Dec 30, 1:33am
Go to your local car audio shop. They should be able to fix it or replace with a new one. Sometimes a new one is very cheap and can get NZ bands.

peja, Dec 30, 1:37am
What year is your Swift? As rovercitroen has just said, replacing the unit may be your best option - that way you get full NZ radio coverage, a working CD, plus you can get options like MP3 playback, bluetooth car kit. I got a unit for my car which does both of these and it cost $200 (not including installation which I did myself)

kazbanz, Dec 30, 1:44am
Radgirl-could you take a picture of your radio and post it on here.
Once I see the picture I can tell you what your available options are and rough price.
Ohh and what year your swift its would be usefull.

serf407, Dec 30, 3:19am
How well was the rest of the car checked prior to purchase?

radgirl, Dec 31, 12:29am
ill get a photo of it however- its a 2004 model a 1300 cc and ,well ,as I said tried to be Mrs (Ms) independent so probably not checked too well! lights go- hand brake works no body damage etc etc thanks kazbanz and everyone else-- Ill get that photo done--

kazbanz, Dec 31, 1:33am
radgirl--just to explain-tgheres two options with the 04-07 one has built in radio the other has a double din slot. -Ones an easy replacement the other not so much

xs1100, Dec 31, 7:02am
there's what they call a plug n play available thru repco to suit most cars so probably best just buy a new head unit and ask them for the plugs and it really is just undo a few screws and everything will plug straight in

kazbanz, Apr 8, 5:36pm
That depends matey--waiting on the picture to pass a verdict.