Suzuki swift bought month ago plagued with faults

quickbuck, Aug 26, 9:28pm
Actually, I hold any of them who come on here and offer good advice in pretty high regard.

tgray, Aug 26, 9:29pm
9 years old and twice around the clock and you have never changed the battery?

tgray, Aug 26, 9:31pm
Unfair generalization.
For every one case like this, there would be 10 dealers who go out of their way to help customers far beyond their legal obligations.
A 17 year old car I sold last year with 170,000k's had an issued recently, and I paid to get it fixed for my customer. Things like this of course, never make the headlines.

kazbanz, Aug 26, 10:12pm
Sorry dude --Much as I appreciate the compliment. When you read through this thread its pretty clear that the OP seems to be doing ANYTHING except take the car back to the dealer to be sorted.
I do agree with tgray too. You don't hear about all the genuine dealers that just sort stuff out for their customers. You only hear about the bad situations.
And no matter how good you are as a dealer. No matter how carefull you are to follow the rules and procedures someone is going to get bad advice and have a go at getting a refund.

darryl, Aug 26, 10:26pm
I bought a 2007 nz new manual Swift. Sold it last year with about 85k on original everything as well - battery brakes clutch. I used to start - move - stop it all the time. Never had an issue with it.

rpvr, Aug 27, 1:52am
I accept your criticism, but you are no doubt part of the new generation of dealers who have decided that honesty is the best policy. It is the legacy left by generations of "dodgy" dealers that has created a millstone around your necks. Many of us (including myself) think the current legislation pertaining to the sale of used cars (especially high mileage ones) is over the top, but it is the behaviour of dealers in the past that has brought this about.