What's the most overrated car in your opinion?

Page 2 / 2
morrisjvan, Dec 16, 10:47am
Falcon GTHO , now don't get me wrong, they are great cars , and I am a Falcon fan and owner , but an additional $100k for a ugly gas -cap and a set of stripes? nah

zak410, Dec 16, 11:49am
The 4CV was great but the Dauphines or Florides were lethal in twisty roads, too light at the front, R8 and 10 a bit better but not much, unless the Gordini versions.

strobo, Dec 16, 4:56pm
All wheel drive and front wheel drive cars and anything with a turbo on it. Over -rated to the max !

yachtie3, Dec 18, 3:07am
Because they cant afford one.

yachtie3, Dec 18, 3:08am
Think you might be lonely on that one!

tamarillo, Dec 18, 4:25am
Nahhhhhh had dauphine and r10 and had no problem. Like heralds you just don't button off suddenly in corner.

franc123, Dec 18, 6:12am
Doubt it, the prices are stupid for what they are. The GTHO spec's of any phase aren't exactly a state secret, a replica that's correct in every way is cheaper to build. XB GT was a better looking car IMHO and had 4 wheel discs that they all should have had.

nightboss, Dec 18, 6:14am
Think you might be lonely on that one.

franc123, Dec 18, 6:26am
Pfft, if you fools want to pay that much for that experience and are the sort of clown that wants to rent a bank vault to store your chassis plate in, go right ahead. Nobody is stopping you, they are laughing at you and your small willyness.

snoopy221, Dec 18, 6:27am
RE GTHO.
All welcome to comment-
PREREQUISITE.
IS to have PERSONALLY driven a genuine one.
And as someone who HAS.
lol
Ya just gotta hate that damn horn sometimes. Overated.

lookoutas, Dec 18, 6:37am
I just worry about my own backyard, and have no interest in crapping in the neighbours.

nightsky1, Dec 18, 7:23am
dunno . IS seem to prefer them over all other vehicles.

maybe they can do 100,000 km with no service ? Seem a bit inflammable at times.

nightboss, Dec 18, 4:44pm
Owning is not the same as appreciating.
Even if I had won Wednesday's 15 million lotto prize, I would not get an old GTHO for myself, but I would still appreciate them.
But more importantly, I would not belittle those that do own them, that is the true sign of "small willyness".

mimik3, Dec 18, 9:49pm
We expected that.
How's your Camaro sales going?

elect70, Dec 18, 11:50pm
Ihad an early 70 landcruiser 3 speed manuall , it sure could go places landrovers couldnt . just had to keep the body from the dreaded tin worm , I fonly it had 4 sp it would have been perfect off roader . Guy I sold it to shoehorned in a 350 SBC talk about grunt ! I reckon all new 4x4 s are just fat overweight Remuera tractor pussy wagons chock ablock full of electronic gizmos that will follow murphys law & crap out when your miles from nowhere in the wops & out of cell phone range

trogedon, Dec 19, 12:00am
A counter to that (there are millions of them. ). I have my dad's '67 1300. My parents bought it in '70. Dad died 8 1/2 years ago so he had the car for 37 years. Only one thing ever stopped it in that time - a broken conrod. Sure that's major but nothing else stopped it from doing its job.

mals69, Dec 19, 12:00am
Mustang not overrated - they are what they are !

If ya think 641/2 to 66 mustang not an iconic shape
we beg to differ

brapbrap8, Dec 19, 1:37am
I recently had a new 70 series double cab V8 to test for a couple of days, talk about over engineered!
The front axle was actually larger than the one on my 6 ton farm tractor.
Lucky they are reliable because you practically need 2 strong men to get the bonnet up.
Mean V8 sound while engine braking down hills, you certainly don't get that in a Ranger.
Got to admire Toyota for staying 100% committed to the purpose of the vehicle, I had the LX 'luxury' model, and the single comfort feature was it had a cup holder, and electric windows.

lookoutas, Dec 19, 6:41am
You win a beer.

nightboss, Dec 19, 7:18am
Meh, beers are overrated. Make mine a OJ.

mals69, Dec 19, 7:53am
Folk paying big dollars cause they want an original, be part of the
history buzz of Bathurst.
Phase 3 in our family is mint but still gets used from time to time.

Rare cars with a high demand - why should they not be able to be worth a bob or two like other rare cars ?

mopeds, May 27, 6:19pm
You've obviously driven a Camry