Toyota ist transmission fluid

vandewc, Mar 24, 8:17am
x1
Anyone know what type of transmission fluid to get for my 2002 ist.
Do I pour it down the dip stick?
Thanks

supernova2, Mar 24, 8:21am
x1

vandewc, Mar 24, 8:23am
Great web site

Cheers. Just what I was looking for.

quickbuck, Mar 24, 8:37am
That is a great site. Nice.

rpvr, Mar 24, 7:38pm
Toyota type IV or equivalent

intrade, Mar 24, 7:52pm
you dont pour down anything as its not useing any fluids unless there is a problem!
you dont even know what the dipstick was so i highly doubt you even have a remote clue on how to mesure it?

intrade, Mar 24, 8:01pm
the engine needs to run when you mesure the transmission fluid there is a hot and cold mark also on the dipstick so if the car is just started the fluids dextron 3 if it is a normal automatic not a cvt then you fill a bit of fluid thru the dipstick and remesure its not like the engine.
I know of a women who poured normal manual gear oil in to her hoda odessey because the indian guy at the auckland petrol station sold here that. Honda have a unique own fluids that just look the same as normal manual trans fluids.
So if you dont have enough fluid you need to repair the problem .
the plate under the bonnet on toyota will say what transmission code = what transmission model is fitted start with that and correct mesurment . i dont know how you mesure a cvt trans if anyone knows saves me having to look it up should i ever have to do it.

vandewc, Mar 25, 8:04am
Please read post whoops Toyota ist

vandewc, Mar 25, 8:07am
So is my ist a cvt?

snoopy221, Apr 13, 5:48pm
vandewc

Ask before ya do in future-is my advice at the moment.
Yes hindsight is what mistakes are made of
However this poor old overfilled toyota engine
AND. the inability to use and read an ENGINE oil DIPSTICK.
Reality is mistakes can be expensive and -A simple checking of the engine oil level and yip the trans has a dipstick too
These dipsticks are there to be used by
Competent people.