I think the new 2015 Mustang will date badly

Page 1 / 3
tgray, Jul 15, 8:31am
I really do.
Meanwhile, the 2010 Camaro still looks fantastic, despite two facelifts since.

gunhand, Jul 15, 8:35am
Well, That's an opinion of course and you are kinda bias on the matter lol.
My opinion is that if they start selling stangs like falcons they will become common and boring and no one will turn a head to have a perv like they do now (well some do) and they will devalue just as quick. Shame really as its always cool to see something of any make that's a bit different about.

franc123, Jul 15, 9:12am
Isn't that what happens in the USA now? They're a cheap weed common car in their homeland made by a mainstream manufacturer, as is the Camaro, why they are viewed as some sort of a status symbol and have a weird kind of mystique in overseas markets is anyone's guess. They're not exclusive or rare in any way with the exception of the Shelby versions.

melonhead1, Jul 15, 9:15am
Looks are incidental. The motor and drivetrain are what matter.

mimik3, Jul 15, 9:16am
And we expected something else from you.

brapbrap8, Jul 15, 9:25am
I see Fairviews in Hamilton has the Mustang logo on their big sign outside now, haven't checked if there is one in the showroom yet.

purple666, Jul 15, 11:01am
Had one of those brand new Mustangs visit me recently, never been much of a mustang fan but wow what a bit of kit, very nice indeed. And as for the side mirror well what can I say. Modern styling but still very mustang, like a cross between an Aston and Mach 1.

Just thought I would add that I am no Ford fanboy.

floscey, Jul 15, 7:46pm
every brand needs a Fan Boy .

vtecintegra, Jul 15, 8:23pm
Ain't that the truth

robotnik, Jul 15, 8:44pm
All Mustangs are timeless, because the name automatically makes them awesome and a classic. Even the Mustang II.

serf407, Jul 15, 9:03pm
There might be hybrid plug in Mustangs before too long. If one can recharge with a nuclear power night rate in the US.
http://www.ford.com/new-hybrids-evs/

tgray, Jul 15, 9:23pm
Even the Mustang II 4 cylinder? lol.

3tomany, Jul 15, 9:36pm
Apart from an initial burst of sales I think sales volumes will be small so some exclusivity will remain, I sure do hope they devalue because the wife really wants one but I do not have enough coin at the mo so a two year old GT will be fine thanks.

robotnik, Jul 15, 9:38pm
Sure why not, the Pinto motor was of an advanced OHC design and gave reasonable power for its day and also great gas mileage. I think there was a turbocharged GT Mustang II with that engine also.

rob_man, Jul 15, 10:13pm
I would be hesitant to date an American. Prone to obesity.

3tomany, Jul 15, 10:43pm
you seldom se a fat chic riding a pony it's just not rite

trogedon, Jul 16, 12:47am
"date badly" like won't pay, picks their nose at the table, one way conversation.

richardmayes, Jul 16, 1:02am
I like it better than the APPALLINGLY retro looking car that it is replacing.

No doubt it will have an all-new great big V8 that is 3% bigger, badder and better in every way than the very similar great big V8 that was in the old one.

les6, Jul 16, 7:51am
don`t know if this is true or not but a biased friend ,who has one on order told me that ford agents told him there were 300 on order here?don`t know what motors etc,just hearsay?

cabrio1, Jul 16, 8:34am
My twelve yo thinks they are cool.
hes obviously deluded and will hopefully grow out of it.

thunderbolt, Jul 16, 8:42am
I can honestly say, of all the cars I have driven with some expectation of it being a good car, a 2010 convertible Camaro was most disappointing.
Not even Hawaiian sunshine could save the experience.

tgray, Jul 16, 9:53am
First mistake - judging a car by a rental experience.
second - probably a six cylinder
third - a convertible.'
I imported 7 2010 - 2012 models and loved every one of them.

thunderbolt, Jul 16, 9:59am
First : Not stupid enough to buy one
second - Nope V8, although too quiet and poor perfromance
third - a convertible, it was HAWAII!

vtecintegra, Jul 16, 10:07am
I don't see the point of a Camaro here - why not just get a Commodore?

2sheddies, Jul 16, 10:13am
Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't cross the street to look at most Mustang or Camaro models of any vintage. There's a few I appreciate, but the rest are nothing special whatsoever in my opinion, and way to common nowadays. Their soaring values fascinate me. You seem to come across almost as many Mustangs as Corollas on our roads lately. they become just another car going past. I like the more rarely seen models.