Female focused car yard

Page 1 / 2
robotnik, Mar 9, 12:26am
So what do you think about a car yard with only female sales people, good idea or not? Looking on trademe me their prices seem fairly competitive, but would it turn off blokes from going there?
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/67094975/secondhand-car-dealers-turn-tables-on-blokes

sw20, Mar 9, 12:36am
They have been around for a while, they had a few RX-8's when I was looking for mine.

If they had my current RX-8 on their yard at the price I paid, I would have bought it there.

extrayda, Mar 9, 12:44am
Certainly wouldn't put me off, don't care if I deal with a male or female, as long as they can answer what I want to know. Comes down to the vehicle and the price.

mharwood, Mar 9, 12:46am
i think a dealer in silverdale had the same thing couple of years a go its not new

kazbanz, Mar 9, 12:49am
A business model that by its very advertising excludes 50% of the population seems to me to be a silly one.
but there is a big enough customer base in Auckland to get away with it.
I would have thought a mixture of male and female sales staff would be a better idea.

tgray, Mar 9, 1:26am
When hiring staff, an employer cannot discriminate on the basis of gender.
To hire only female employees at the exclusion of males, would be something the human rights commission could be interested in.

clark20, Mar 9, 2:50am
Failure to let Males apply, yes, choosing not to employ them, no

tigertim20, Mar 9, 3:45am
sounds like a david cunliffe inspired business model.
I don't care what a person has in their pants when I deal with a sales person, as long as they can answer my questions. that goes for whether im buying a car, a house, or a computer.

If the business places the gender of their staff as a first priority, rather than experience, knowledge, product familiarity etc, then I would avoid it like the plague.

kazbanz, Mar 9, 3:48am
NO NO NO my son. (best arfer dayley voice)
By the fact they advertise they ONLY employ female sales staff its clear they INTEND to refuse employment to any male salesperson who applies.
ACTUALLY--there was a HUGE stink created when the shoe was on the other foot and a female salesperson was refused employment in a Hamilton yard based on gender.

smac, Mar 9, 3:50am
There are ways around it, depending on how they pitch their business. Think women's gyms.

kazbanz, Mar 9, 3:52am
look just lets not go there.
When you start to look at it -being a white middle aged fully employed male homeowner has to be the stereotype everyone wants to hammer for discrimination.
Yet I can't go into a marai
I can't go into a female gym et etc

_peas, Mar 9, 3:58am
Yes but what colour was it!?

elect70, Mar 9, 4:06am
I remember When NZIG (BOC) employed a female sales rep , her job was to visit all engineering places in Wgtn area , She always wore a mini skirt & her sales record was higher than any blokes before her.

franc123, Mar 9, 4:11am
I think any car dealership principal with any sense would have a mixed gender sales team, not ALL women necessarily want to deal with another female when purchasing a vehicle, or anything else for that matter. Its more important for ALL of your sales staff to be open and honest, receptive to needs and wants, not be condescending and make your client at ease with the whole process. This can be achieved simply by hiring people with the right attitude and training them correctly, not by favouring or excluding a particular gender and making a marketing ploy out of it.

briantamaki-god, Mar 9, 9:42pm
do they group their stock by colour?

grangies, Mar 9, 9:57pm
Why can't you go into a Marae?

attitudedesignz, Mar 9, 9:59pm

sw20, Mar 9, 10:50pm
Black cherry, with parchment coloured leather.

bjmh, Mar 9, 11:56pm
cause he's a car salesman ha ha ha

skiff1, Mar 10, 4:04am
why can't you go to a marae? I'm a white middle aged male and can go visit my neighbours on their marae any time it's convenient.

skiff1, Mar 10, 4:07am
our local engineering supplies out fit had a female traveler. Her knowledge was on par with many of the others we dealt with, but it's a bit of a distraction when their perfume is strong enough you it gives you a head ache and you can smell it over the smell of a broken silage wagon.

richardmayes, Mar 10, 4:35am
For all those who believe a saleswoman would never lie, cheat or pressure them the way a salesMAN surely will.

Good luck with that.

infinityjrc, Mar 10, 4:57am
I went out there looking for a particular car that was advertised was accosted by several clip board carrying women who were no nicer than the typical male variety salesperson and nobody could find the car!, they quickly became disinterested, it,s obviously commission based. They asked me if I wanted to see a different car , how bout this nice one only done 200,000 kms, which frankly hacked me off since I had phoned before I drove to manukau; I think there is a role for a buyers advocate but I doubt these women are that and probably not Angels either. Cars seemed in poor condition but heaps of them.

socram, Mar 10, 5:15am
Got it in one.

elect70, Mar 10, 6:08am
My engineer mate had a special chair for females especially those in short skirts , it was higher than usual