Female focused car yard

Page 2 / 2
whqqsh, Mar 10, 6:10am
being a local panelbeater near a car yard fully staffed by women moving cars about would be a goldmine

richardmayes, Mar 11, 12:00am
I always get my wife to buy me spanners etc, somehow she usually manages to get tools for the "trade" price even though she hasn't worked as an electrician for over 3 years.

It seems to have something to do with her special "discount" blouse she usually wears on tool shopping trips. ? Curious.

elect70, Mar 11, 3:21am
^^ that worked for well when pulled up by cop 1 night after a work do , she was driving cop asked her if she had been drinking , she gave him a good look at her clevage & let us go .

skiff1, Mar 11, 5:59am
you must be so proud.

dr.doolittle, Mar 11, 6:28am
Pffft. plenty of 'all female car yards'.
Went into one a while back, not a stick shift to be seen.

kazbanz, Mar 11, 6:48am
well to counter this purely sexist attack on my business Ive had to pull out the big guns.
Cute and smart.--those women don't stand a chance
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/369200515.jpg

dr.doolittle, Mar 11, 6:53am
Looks Russian to me.

no-reserve-cars, Mar 11, 11:01pm
Actually AutoAngels is a concept developed by my daughter and daughter in law. Having been in the car trade for over 30 years its really nice to know that there is a future in the car industry for BOTH my sons and daughters. You may call employing only female salesperson discrimination but to remove discrimination you need to discriminate. It happens all the time in Government departments as they try to bring gender and ethnic balance to their workforce. To be absolutely honest we don't, and never will, employ men as AutoAngels. I do get a bit tired of the minority of men who feel threatened by this. I suspect their accusations of unfairness are perhaps driven by an inferiority complex and they should learn to recognise that on the whole it is the inequality of opportunity for Women and Ethnic Minorities that is an important issue that we as Kiwis need to address. Brett Kilburn

guurlnextdoor, Mar 12, 2:32am
I visited this car yard the other week and bought a new car, I had visited other car dealerships before this one and to be honest wasn't impressed with how I was treated by the male salespeople (hence why I was attracted to this car yard). I was really impressed! The ladies were very friendly and I felt really comfortable, ended up with a car I love! I get it that people have issues with it being only female, but I think it does appeal to some people, so if you have a problem then don't go there!

kazbanz, Mar 12, 5:58am
Brett -mate I would be removing that post if I were you.
regardless of what you think/feel. Iit is against the law to discriminate on the basis of gender when employing staff. To openly state you intend to do so could get you in a power of poo.

no-reserve-cars, Mar 12, 9:17am
Thanks Kazbanz. Appreciate the thought and whilst I might get in a power of poo for stating in the open what we already know happens, I think it needs to be said. I truly believe that at times we need to discriminate to avoid discrimination and if the Human Rights Commission has an issue with that all I can say is. bring it on! Cheers Brett

supernova2, Mar 12, 9:30am
I hope your attitude to NZ law is not the same when a customer gets a problem with a car purchased from your business.

no-reserve-cars, Mar 12, 6:27pm
Similar but not the same. We want happy customers. We always abide by Fair Trading and Consumer Guarantees but not because we have too, only because the objective of both of those Acts is that businesses act in a fair and reasonable manner and that's what we want to do anyway. My attitude to NZ law may seem somewhat cavalier but really I have a problem with hypocrisy. If the law is regularly flouted by many, including Government Departments (because it is unworkable) then why not say so? Practice reverse discrimination to fight discrimination, practice reverse sexism to fight sexism, fight fire with fire. Thank you for the comments Supernova2, I love the feedback. With debate the truth will become clear. Cheers Brett

kazbanz, Mar 12, 9:04pm
car auctioneer-There is no such thing as reverse sexism. or for that matter reverse racism or reverse ageism.
it is what it is.
mate I get it and any marketing tool that marks you as different/better than elsewhere is worth exploring.
I personally have an issue with discrimination based on gender,race,creed or colour.
Don't get me wrong -Im not hooked up on you should NEVER discriminate
Its apsolutely required in order to employ someone.
I just feel it should be on the basis of ability to perfom the job.

jason18, Mar 13, 6:00am
Depends how low cut her top is would depend if I buy the car or not

clck2, Mar 14, 9:08pm
WHAT MAKES THEM ANGELS!

purple666, Mar 14, 9:54pm
But with all things being equal you would give the job to the white bloke that is about your own age all the same.
And no matter how many "special" breaks they give to women, I sure wouldn't want to be one.

darryl, Mar 15, 8:15pm
Wow

So if a guy is not happy being discriminated against, he has an inferiority complex and feels threatened?

But if a women feels the same . I bet you would be phoning John Campbell et al to make a huge stink, about how unfair it is.

Wow . just wow.

chas10, Mar 15, 10:04pm
You say you have a problem with hypocrisy but then you also say we all need to fight discrimination with your version of descrimination. Does that not seem hypocritical to you?

clck2, Mar 17, 4:18am
Actually. I believe it is the best used car dealership in New Zealand

kazbanz, Mar 17, 4:49am
You haven't visited many dealerships have you?

mharwood, Apr 27, 2:17am
that would be so true