Is a Suzuki Aerio 2001 a bigger car than a Spacio?

motorboy2011, Oct 17, 9:06am
We have one, it's shit. Get the Spacio.

onlylv, Oct 17, 9:17am
oh dear. thanks. Have been told Aerio is good by 2 people. Spacio is too small for me. Am looking for one as big as a RVR or a station wagon.

motorboy2011, Oct 17, 6:42pm
The Suzuki is underpowered and uses a lot of gas for a small motor.

kazbanz, Oct 17, 10:28pm
onlylv- to answer your question. The Suzuki Aerio is almost identical size wise to the OLD shape spacio. we are talking a matter of millimetres difference.
The spacio has a 1600cc belt drive engine. The aerio has a 1500cc chain drive engine.
They drive like a 1990's vehicle.
Ive sold a few and had no negative feedback on them

onlylv, Oct 18, 12:22pm
Thank you. I was kinda settling for an ipsum. But have to test drive a few more again as I'm not used to the brakes. But as fran123 quoted on my other thread, he reckons the toyota cars I have test driven need a rotor machine or replacement.

onlylv, Oct 18, 12:23pm
Ok thanks for the info. Saves me from having to drive so far to test drive Aerio! Spacio is quite small for me.

Are you also selling other vehicle at atm? getting not much progress and it's been a week! arggh!

kazbanz, Oct 18, 10:41pm
Onlylv--in the price bracket you are shopping in you have a horrible double edges sword.
First of all you would be an idiot not doing full due diligence. -A $3000 car could easily cost over 6000 with repairs.
By the same account the good stuff in that price bracket sells really fast.
Great for sellers not so good for buyers.

kazbanz, Oct 18, 10:46pm
One suggestion to look at is the Suzuki Cultus. Modelled on the corolla of the mid 1990's

tamarillo, Oct 18, 11:04pm
On this budget reliable and fit for purpose is the main priority. I know family two kids with Suzuki aerio and they find it plenty big enough, they load up kayaks on roof. Yes it's gutless but seems reliable and useful.

onlylv, Jan 24, 8:28am
Bought my 1994 rvr 6 yrs ago for $4.5L at 106kms. Think I might have been ripped off. ANyway, I probably spent less than $2K alone excluding 2 sets of new tyres. Only have $3K to spare. unfortunately. So have to be careful that any car I buy will last me another 5 yrs or more.