Falcon SW: where is the rear screen washer filler?

richardmayes, Sep 14, 6:11am
Hi all, I have a pitifully beginner question for you:

We've had our 170,000km 1999 AU station wagon for a couple of months, when I bought it the rear window washer definitely worked. Now, it's run out of water, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to refill it.

The main front windscreen washer reservoir in the engine room is full of water, and front screen washers work fine.

In the time we have owned the car we have taken out the boot carpet to clean it, and my wife has wired in a trailer harness, and we have replaced a noisy electric tailgate latch release, so we are pretty certain we would have found a separate filler spout for the rear window washer down the back there, if there was one.

So I had assumed the rear washer must just take its water from the front washer tank?

There is nothing helpful in the Haynes manual.

jmma, Sep 14, 6:23am
Should be two pumps on the washer bottle, may have crimped the hose when you have been mucking around at the back.
Wife fitted wiring, she is a keeper (o:

franc123, Sep 14, 6:38am
More likely the intake filter to the rear pump has blocked, swap the hoses between the pumps and it should now work. If this is the case remove both the pumps, remove the whole reservoir if it makes it easier, prise out the grommets that the pumps fit into which contains the filters and rinse them out under a tap, refit and refill it with water. They gunge up with a snot like residue over time from screen washer additives.

lookoutas, Sep 14, 7:24am
By the sounds of it, you need to give the above information to your wife.

A keeper all-right.

richardmayes, Sep 14, 7:39am
Thank you Sir.

franc123, Sep 14, 8:35am
No problem, seen it many times before on Falcons.

franc123, Sep 14, 8:37am
I reckon, its not every day you read statements like "my wife wired in the trailer harness"!

frank1, Jun 27, 9:20am
HaHa--my thoughts exactly franc.