HONDA ACCORD LXI 1997 MANUAL 214000 KM

midaso, Sep 28, 9:43pm
I have two questions. I am finally going to buy a newer car and got a fright when I found out what I can expect to get for my Accord. Is Trade Me the best place to try and sell or is there a better option? Secondly the cam belt is due for replacement . Honda are offering free cam belt replacement just now so I would only have to pay for labour which I estimate at $200.to $250.00. My wife is saying not to bother. just sell as is. is she right?

tamarillo, Sep 28, 9:48pm
IMO if rest of the car is really tidy, nice paint and interior, good service record, tyres, new wof, only then invest in cambelt, as that's a really good price and will make car more attractive.
If it's really pretty worn out now, don't bother.
Here is still good selling platform. Can work having car out on display, if your out of main centres there's often a safe place to park a car during day with sign on. Though I'd have TM advert too.
I use classifieds as I'm in nelson and sometimes takes a while for buyer to come on to market.

midaso, Apr 20, 3:14am
Thanks Tamarillo for the sound advice. the car is in pretty good order. I had it regularly serviced by Honda up til about a year ago when I became disillusioned with their high service costs and started going elsewhere.