What's the most under rated car in your opinion?

Page 1 / 2
cagivachick1, Dec 15, 8:22am
toyota camry

r.g.nixon, Dec 15, 8:26am
Citroen 2CV

sw20, Dec 15, 8:34am
TE45 Sprinter

tigger8, Dec 15, 8:59am
Lada

saxman99, Dec 15, 9:07am
Trabant.

mals69, Dec 15, 9:08am
Fiat 125

trouser, Dec 15, 9:11am
FIAT multipla. No doubt.

bwg11, Dec 15, 9:16am
Good, have owned one as well as an AE86. Personally preferred the AE86.

bwg11, Dec 15, 9:19am
Of reasonably priced mainstream cars, I would consider the Suzuki Kizashi greatly under rated.

supernova2, Dec 15, 11:36am
Yugo

monaro17, Dec 15, 7:07pm
Out of the cars we have had it would have to be the 1995 Nissan cefiro 30STouring. The a32 is very under rated- far nicer than the equivalent camry or accord etc

inkapuka, Dec 15, 7:14pm
My 2007 Mazda 3 mps not a lot of cars realise it's turbo and it keeps up with a fair few cars specially them twin turbo subaru's stock evo X's etc etc

timmo1, Dec 15, 7:26pm
Holden Captiva.
haha just kidding, they are rated crap and are also crap.

inkapuka, Dec 15, 7:55pm
Hence why it's got the nick name the craptiva

tgray, Dec 15, 8:04pm
I think the Subaru SVX deserves a mention.
In terms of the driving experience, it wasn't truly fast, but the way the power was delivered is rewarding.
Very nice 'cockpit' and ergonomics, cool shape, unique window design, etc.
Shame they didn't built a manual version.

poppy62, Dec 15, 8:30pm
Citroen AX GT and the Renault Fuego.

slarty45, Dec 15, 10:11pm
Niva would have been awesome if built with more care and update the manually adjusted cam chain tension to automatic.

richardmayes, Dec 15, 10:41pm
I don't know if it's "THE MOST under-rated car" but I think those horrible little Nissan Tiidas are actually very good for what they are - a compact town car that is easy to park, but has rear seat legroom and headroom at least as good as our LWB Ford Falcon, plus an adequate sized boot for a load of groceries.

Just generally a car that seems like it was probably designed by the wisest, oldest head in Nissan's design office, (not one of the young artists daydreaming about the next GTR) for those customers who are really not interested in driving or in enjoying driving, and just want to get the mundane domestic job done around town.

supernova2, Dec 15, 10:46pm
Fuego Turbo

What other 1980s 1600 push rod car, in factory trim, could do over 240KMH effortlessly?

sw20, Dec 15, 10:53pm
Dreaming. It would struggle to do 200km/h. Just because your speedo showed 240km/h doesn't mean it was accurate.

fiatracer, Dec 15, 11:07pm
Citroen Xantia - in 2 litre or turbo diesel form. Add some good rubber and you got a really good handling, very chuckable car. As with any hydro citroen it did take a while to recalculate your brain, but once you adjusted to the lack of squat/dive, they were great.

fiatracer, Dec 15, 11:12pm

brapbrap8, Dec 15, 11:27pm
I was going to suggest the CJ (latest shape) Mitsubishi Lancer for the same reason.
It seats 5 adults comfortably, good boot space, very economical and cheap to run and service and has a 5 star safety rating.
People go on about how the latest Mazda 3 etc is better to drive, but a Lancer is more than adequate for normal people at normal road speeds, and is half the price of a new Mazda 3 or Corolla.

Having driven all the latest and greatest cars that go out of date in 2 years and make you want the latest model, or make you cry if somebody opens a door into it at the shops, I quite like having a nice, but cheap and basic car now.
Definitly cheap and practical motoring that is ideal for most people.

franc123, Dec 15, 11:45pm
Nissan Teana, one of the smoothest, refined and comfortable cars in the market, trained VERY well by Daddy Maxima, good spec, multi award winning VQ V6 in 2.3 or 3.5 flavours, maybe a bit thirsty round town for many but a small extra price to pay really. Not much else to moan about, plenty of choice in the market and 2005-06 examples under 100k for $5-6k=seriously good buying. Get half a dozen for the family and get Xmas stockings big enough to fit them in.

tamarillo, Dec 15, 11:48pm
Alpine gta.