Latest speed camera beating gadget

unideck, Apr 26, 10:10pm
So how long before it gets here. I remember some time back the "snake oil" type spray on stuff and see a few of these but it now looks like they are getting it sorted especially for night time use - not sure if it would work during the day as the flash/reflection won't be good.

http://utmnews.com/could-this-be-the-answer-to-beating-speed-cameras/

whqqsh, Apr 26, 10:50pm
even in the photo you could still see the raised numbers & make them out, thats why they didn't show the still for long

clark20, Apr 26, 10:58pm
Not the latest, reflective numbers have been around for years. and only works at night if they flash you, and even then it may not work. But hey, if it gets you off one ticket.

nightsky1, Apr 26, 11:07pm
ever heard of not speeding
works every time

but obviously too complicated for some bozos

tweake, Apr 27, 1:25am
it reflects IR.
cell phone cameras don't have IR filter on them and cameras are very sensitive to IR. so the reflected IR whites out the numbers.
i'll bet the speed cameras have IR filters or IR reduction so it won't work unless its setup for night vision with IR flash.

farwest, Apr 27, 2:13am
I've got one - it's called a speedometer.

hakatere1, Apr 27, 2:18am
Lol. Unbelievable.

martin11, Apr 27, 3:16am
Love to know if that increase in HP by this device has been actually proven . Cannot see how it would work

noswalg, Apr 27, 3:19am
umm, yeah. It doesn't, well at the very least it would work as well as those number plate stickers!

smac, Apr 27, 4:20am
They use IR flash. when was the last time you saw the orange flash?

tweake, Feb 23, 5:41pm
about 20 years ago when i got my last speed camera fine.