Suzuki DR650SE 2015

falcon74, Jan 5, 6:56am
Who's got one, what are they like, value for money. ?

kwaka5, Jan 5, 4:55pm
Good bike, well sorted and can be well pimped if you want to do adventure riding or motard it. Bullet proof motor and well worth the dollars. Wouldn't buy new, would rather find a low k second hand.

countrypete, Jan 5, 6:00pm
Excellent bikes, I did a 1500km ride on one a couple of years back. Handling is fun on the road and I found myself held up by a guy on a Hayabusa over the Mangamukas. The seat comfort leaves a lot to be desired if you're in the saddle for any length of time, but there are lots of after market options. I would go new, as they hold their value really well, and you tend to pay comparatively lots for 1 - 2 year old examples. They are $9,000-odd new and come with a long range tank on special.

berg, Jan 5, 6:29pm
Typical Suzuki. Bulletproof, tried and true, no bad habits, no bad handling traits, bloody good bike

klrider, Jan 5, 7:00pm
If you want to pimp it up you could buy a larger tank and throw a carrier on the back, maybe better gearing for road use if thats your thing, get some better dials. or, you could buy a KLR which already has all that and is just as bullet proof.

mals69, Mar 22, 8:16am
Go good for what they are - heavy at 160 KG plus
XR650R's get held up by DR650's - XR 128 KG and way more power

DR good for old man adventure riding