Contribute to moped/scooter safety research

jovana5, Nov 10, 2:30am
The Motorcycle Safety Advisory Council (MSAC) are running a project that looks at how to make moped/scooter riding safer in NZ.

They want to know more about this from the point of view of the riders, so if you use moped/scooter in NZ ??

trouser, Nov 10, 6:08am
Did the survey.

One point that really needs to get across to people is Ride In The Lane. Not to the hard left like a lot of the numpties around here do. Fools be thinking it is safer to ride their 50 like a push bike.

socram, Nov 2, 10:13am
Filled it in and my final comment was that the 50cc moped I bought brand new for my wife to learn on as a surprise for her birthday, is such a death trap/mobile chicane, that I took it off her again. It has sat in my off site garage for the last 9 years with just 50kms on the clock.

Serves me right for not trying one before I bought it off the importers. Survey appears to be more about Personal Protection Gear and nothing much to do with riding.

I didn't answer the question on household income (none of anyone's business) nor the one on qualifications, which only gave a few options.