MOTORCYCLE GLOVES

Page 1 / 2
offrd1, Jun 26, 1:43am
Opinions please. which or what would you recommend [ not electric ] I've tried many brands over the years,still my hands freeze

tony9, Jun 26, 2:17am
It would help in the subject if you indicate if this thread is for the Left or Right hand.

toyboy3, Jun 26, 2:22am
Mits are warmer , less cold air between the fingers

elect70, Jun 26, 2:26am
In my day wool lined soft leather mittens were best , less area exposed . i had to ride to work in all weather &couldnt afford a car on apprentice wages .

slarty45, Jun 26, 2:41am
Heated hand grips were standard on the Beamers I owned, 2 settings, warm & toasty. Aftermarket options work just as good. Try Motomail or your local mcycle shop can order them in.

kazbanz, Jun 26, 2:43am
during winter IMO its about deflecting the cold air away from the hands.
So Im all for those MX type hand protectors.

purple666, Jun 26, 2:52am
A pair of thin thermal gloves worn on the inside sure helps any pair of gloves

slarty45, Jun 26, 3:53am

offrd1, Jun 26, 4:52am
Thanks out their . must be some really good brands surely

sifty, Jun 26, 4:54am
After a chilly ride to the Brass Monkey last year I bought some heated glove liners. Didnt want to fit heated grips as it is a period bike, so I added a discrete accessory socket to the old girl and the generator handles it ok.

Beauty is I only use them when it's frosty and they fit within my normal riding gloves.

tamarillo, Jun 26, 5:10am
Rev it gear is for me, best and worth extra money, though moto mail website will usually have specials. Revit is always good gear.
Plus heated hand grips and wind defectors and liners all work well. I love heated grips.
For cheaper stuff Oxford gear is always good value for money.

tub4, Jun 26, 5:15am
Silk gloves or those thin rubber gloves inside to keep your hands dry and stop the windchill.

noswalg, Jun 26, 5:30am
Darbi do good winter gear, I just bought a pair of split finger (2x2) Darbi gloves on sale for $30 and they are awesome, haven't had them wet yet though.

tintop, Jun 26, 5:56am
I liked mittens, but did not like the loss of movement, 2x2 sound good compromise.

Electrical heated ? lol - Ducati started business making electrical components - they seemed to have lost their way late 60"s early 70's Electrics may have been nearly as good as Lucas. !

ladatrouble, Jun 26, 5:59am
I'm using leather ski mittens, far warmer than any motorcycle glove. Heated grips give warm hands, cold fingers. I fit handlebar muffs when it's really cold.

tintop, Jun 26, 6:08am
Haha - brings to mind all sorts of Lada heated rear window jokes!

noswalg, Jun 26, 6:17am
Yep they're pretty good, I have looked at gloves that have the index/thumb as singular for up in the snow but prefer my mittens. I mite give my bike gloves a whirl up there this season but like my integrated wrist guards in the snow. I have a heated hand grip on my clutch hand and nothing on the other due to broken wires lol. Can't leave the grip on for to long as it heats up too much probably getting twice the power its supposed to

arnold4, Jun 26, 6:36am
Revit gear fits excellently but the materials arent great. my revit jacket faded in no time. The cheap backpack i brought the same colour and use on the bike hasnt faded yet. The black gloves faded fast aswell , they are now almost white on top. The rain pants buckle fell off. I wont buy revit again

whqqsh, Jun 26, 6:44am
Ive always found winter gloves too bulky so have used a slightly larger pair of summer gloves with cotton or very thin wool gloves inside

gunhand, Jun 26, 6:51am
GLOVES? What a pack of homo's (Can I say that?) Geez all I do is look out the window and see if there is a cloud within 100kms in any direction, check it's over 25 degrees, decide to ride, then wife says, Hey you, you gotta do x y z then look after the kids while I go to the hair dresser for 4 hours.
Gloves, phhhhhht
Whats wrong with you lot, toughen up.

offrd1, Jun 26, 7:29am
gunhand wrote:
GLOVES? What a pack of homo's (Can I say that?) Geez all I do is look out the window and see if there is a cloud within 100kms in any direction, check it's over 25 degrees, decide to ride, then wife says, Hey you, you gotta do x y z then look after the kids while I go to the hair dresser for 4 hours.
Gloves, phhhhhht
Whats wrong with you lot, toughen up.[/quote

haha used to be tuff once . most of my riding was in the winter as was the only time i had off. always had problems with my hands though. i do have electric gloves which work fine but they are a pain at times

noswalg, Jun 26, 8:28am
was checking out the AEG range of 6Amh tools at the fieldays and saw the range of heated hoodies/jackets that run off you're tool batteries, thought one of those would be good on the bike.

sifty, Jun 26, 8:31am
Did I mention I called into the Millers Flat pub on the way to the Monkey because my hands were a bit cold, and the beer pipes had frozen.

This was when I decided it wasn't girly to get some glove liners.

berg, Jun 26, 8:59am
Orina winter gloves, Oxford heated grips and Bark Buster Storms for both myself and Mrs Berg (GSR750 and Z750). Keeps hands quite warm

gunhand, Jun 26, 9:02am
Ive done a number of BMs, prob one of the coldest ones where alcohol froze over night and the frost was forming on ya body while riding.
I had a pair of gloves that I owned for ever, paid huge money (back then) for them and they were excellent. Never seen them again for sale.
They were thick leather gloves that came back over your wrists quite a long way, had wool inside them and also a pocket that held a waterproof liner that pulled out and over the glove, excellent things they were. Only tossed them a few years back when the thread finally rotted.
But these days a pair of heated grips are good. And some kind of windproof liner.
Reckon some of the heated items would be the go too now.