Handrake light on 1995 TD 27 Nissan Terranao

kjmc, Nov 30, 7:12am
My h/b light is staying on , I have checked fuses ,brake fluid level, checked switch, applied crc, adjusted ratchet, all with no luck. H/B works as it should and releases properly. Is this light indicative of some other problem, any ideas?

franc123, Nov 30, 7:40am
Yep, low vacuum in the booster circuits or a faulty pressure switch. Check all the lines branching from the pump on the back of the alternator for splits or detaching, a leak normally makes the brakes feel hard due to lack of boost.

kjmc, Nov 30, 7:49am
Thanks I will check that out.

kazbanz, Nov 30, 7:16pm
Two thoughts I have
1)parkbrake switch is faulty.
2) Brake light float has stuck in the Master cylinder.

intrade, Nov 30, 8:45pm
you checked the fluid level did you check the sensor on the brake fluid level is actuarly not faulty. usually you unplug the harness on brake fluid bowl and see if light goes out= a faulty switch on these extreemly old and easy systems.

kjmc, Dec 1, 7:09am
all sorted, cheers franc123 you were spot on, one hose split at both ends, thanks to all who responded, I wish I had asked before I took out centre console!

franc123, Dec 1, 7:38am
Thanks, it can be tricky if you don't know the brake warning lamp also monitors the vacuum system. Just having a suck on the chocolate fish now.

kazbanz, Aug 14, 3:26am
What happened to my chokkie fish