A tool for FG falcon

bjmh, Oct 30, 7:28pm
There is a tool to remove and refit water-pump pulley and powersteering pulleys on FG Falcon 6 cyl. does anyone know who sells these. cheers Bruce.

m16d, Oct 30, 7:46pm

franc123, Oct 30, 9:09pm
x1
Wrong tool. Big difference between extracting HB's and power steer pump/water pump pulleys on those. This is the correct one, mind you this is NZ and I would expect a blank look and a "No we can't get those/don't stock those/not priced in our system/thats Australia/too hard/would you like the woolly seat covers on promo this week instead" line if you asked for that here.

http://m.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Toledo-Power-Steering-Pump-Pulley-Kit-245380/SPO71837

bjmh, Oct 30, 10:33pm
cheers franc123 . that's the bugger. now to find one. much appreciated

franc123, Oct 30, 11:29pm
What are you doing exactly? If just fitting a new water pump you can get one with a pulley already on it. The only other place that MAY have one if you really needed it locally would be Sulco.

tony9, Oct 30, 11:41pm
Here? https://www.qualitytools.co.nz/power-steering-pump-pulley-p-6932.html

And it looks the same price as the SCA one.

bjmh, Oct 31, 12:37am
I had a guy that drove until temp started rising,belt had shredded to two ribs on the seized water pump ,the belt had destroyed all the plastic pulleys,got some bits from Ford . water pump comes with the pulley off,but the biggest drama is I need to get the damaged p/s pulley off. I like the idea of correct tools for the job so will get one.Yep Sulco have one.

bjmh, Oct 31, 12:39am
thanks tony9 as well

franc123, Oct 31, 4:50am
Bugger, yes it sounds like you need the tool. You could perhaps get the agent to do it if you could be shagged taking both pumps into them?

franken1, Oct 31, 5:25am
The tool is ex Tridon NZ. There is stock available and you can order their stuff via Quality Tools as mentioned, Supercheap, Repco or BNT. Order tomorrow or Monday and you'll have it Tuesday.

lookoutas, Oct 31, 5:43am
The tool already exists - you just need a puller.

bjmh, Oct 31, 6:22pm
are you nominating yourself ha ha . haven't seen you on the hotrod show yet. mind you they feature mostly real muscle cars like G.M,not "belly button " cars. muzzi,everyones got one.

mals69, Oct 31, 7:52pm
Plastic pulleys, special tools - what is the world coming too ?
How many k's before the water-pump failed ?

Bring back the days when an HQ water pump was $45 and all you needed was a spanner or two.

lookoutas, Oct 31, 8:16pm
You jumped camps?

bjmh, Nov 1, 12:47am
its a 2012 done 178,000

franc123, Nov 1, 2:42am
Press on plastic pulleys have been in use for over 20 years, they are lightweight and the amount of problems they give in service is miniscule.

bjmh, Nov 2, 9:06pm
got a puller and an installer from sulco. works magic. cheers for all your help.

mals69, Nov 3, 1:49am
Okie dokie - chur

lookoutas, Nov 28, 10:09am
So it's all "tickety boo" then.