Caravan roof sealant

howie69, May 3, 11:54am
Can anyone recommend a sealant for a late model jayco caravan please

mojo49, May 3, 9:42pm
Have a look in Caravan Parts on TM. You will find a product called Plasti-cote. I have used it with great success around the roof vents on an English caravan. It is painted on and I built it up so the roof sloped away from the vents rather than having them sitting in a slight hollow.

gammelvind, May 3, 9:49pm
What are you wanting to seal? Joints, where fittings attach or the whole roof surface? There are different products for each application, then are they left unpainted or should they be painted?

llortmt, May 3, 10:22pm
Sikaflex

gammelvind, May 4, 1:02am
Excellent brand, but I'm sure the OP needs just a little more info.
If he is using it as a sealer only that is to be painted and no UV exposure then 221, if it is going to get UV exposure and not necessarily painted then 291. For sealing glass in place Sikatack drive.
3m have a similar range as does Dinatrol.

captaink, Feb 13, 1:07pm
Need more info OP, presume late model, solid sides, is it roof/wall joint leaks, vent leaks. My Jayco's which I nickname 'leakos' are a continual source of seek and find. Quite often seek and never find.There are very good tapes available, especially good on roof seams, I also use Plasti Cote quite a lot but tend to use it on older vans(It can't be painted over and does not leave a 'smooth' finish)
ADL99 is a brilliant sealer especially for joints/fittings with movement, it never goes completely hard or forms a 'skin' like older 'silicone' type products, . .
gammelvind obviously knows the Sikaflex product well and I believe that Sikaflex or 3M do a product similar/same as ADL99.