Motorhome sellers

adnil3, Jun 7, 6:00am
I have been searching for a motorhome for a long time. A lot of wasted hours having to email sellers basic questions like ~ how many kms~ service history etc. Listed is a pic of a couch,bed,microwave but nothing about the body, insulation, mechanical info, tanks size. Then when i ask any rust 9 outta 10 reply ~ usual amount for age~ ok so whats usual? consider u selling a MOTOR HOME please include the important bits. Makes me wonder if i advertised my car ~ red,goes fast,blue seats,4 wheels with radio if i would get any serious buyers.

curlcrown, Jun 7, 6:19am
Pick up the phone, it's a lot quicker then emailing and you can get a lot more information.

tamarillo, Jun 7, 6:25am
Noticed same with campervans. Lots about easily repairable stuff like bloody curtains but what about the expensive bits like the van!
Agreed best pick up phone if really interested though must say I ask online a fair bit as it also gives people chance to reply when suits.
Trouble with motor homes is the oily bits wearing out and the basic machinery getting out of date. Friend with an ex Maui big body van based on light truck chassis lost a lot of value once van based ones hit second hand market as people wanted those, easier to drive etc.

gammelvind, Jun 7, 6:34am
Usual for age is code for please buy it cos we are going broke paying for the rust repairs after every c.o.f.

snoopy221, Jun 7, 7:04am
Listing #: 897029092

magpies42, Jun 7, 7:20am
Take a professional friend to inspect it thoroughly with you.No diff than house inspection.Just on wheels.Rust or water issues are easy to spot.Swelling,lumps behind panels,timber edges damp marks etc.Engines.If practical compression test on diesels.Excess smoke etc.
If its going cheap.Theres a reason.You just got to balance up the possibilities,costs etc.And you might still get a good deal.

snoopy221, Jun 7, 8:31am
provide better- been aroondie since candle dust days. lol
Ain't seeen it in person BUT IT IS IN Original Posters area.

sr2, Jun 7, 8:57am
LOL, "SUPER LOW PRICE due to marriage split", I'm not surprised!

snoopy221, Jun 7, 9:00am
Not the worst unit ya seen though Simon.

adnil3, Jun 7, 9:22am
Thats what i thought. lol

saxman99, Jul 17, 7:03pm
I sold a campervan a few months ago and found it impossible to write everything I wanted in the advert because of the word limit.