Gluing rear view mirror back up?

attitudedesignz, Oct 11, 4:21am
Interior mirror fell off and need some ideas of best products to use.

goodbyebunny, Oct 11, 4:23am

attitudedesignz, Oct 11, 4:30am
Thanks man. I was just trolling super cheap site and didn't find that anywhere haha.

dr.doolittle, Oct 11, 4:58am
Go to a testing station or AA & ask for double sided tape for your trailer reg tag.
The'll give you a couple of pieces if you ask nicely.
It's about the best double sided tape for free on the market.

attitudedesignz, Oct 11, 5:02am
Have about 5 different brands of double sided tape that i use for different trim, moldings and badges, and none would last holding mirror up.

2sheddies, Oct 11, 5:02am
Best to use that proper adhesive in the link I reckon, otherwise the bloody thing will keep falling off. Seemed like it was always Falcons having that issue, now heaps of manufacturers have done the mirror glued to screen idea.

2sheddies, Oct 11, 5:02am
Snap!

franc123, Oct 11, 6:09am
In my experience the correct mirror adhesive and the primer stuff its partnered to is the only long term solution, properly prepared of course. Anything else risks damaging the screen, the mirror or anything else below it that the mirror falls on to. Ford dealers definitely sell it if SCA or Repco for whatever reason haven't got any on hand, its probably just repackaged permatex anyway.

tool_shop173, Oct 11, 6:42am
Loctite makes a good one.

lookoutas, Oct 12, 7:13am
Secrete is to make sure it's clear of previous glue, and very clean. And the real secrete is to make sure all the air is squeezed out.
A 2 pack Araldite works OK.
Tape the plate in place, and don't re-hang the mirror for a couple of days.

piperguy, Oct 13, 3:50am
Any auto glass shop will glue it back for you and it won't fall off again

trogedon, Oct 13, 3:51am
Stop playing with it when you're doing your lipstick.

thewomble1, Oct 13, 7:14am
Ditto. Had one done and it only cost $0.00.

rovercitroen, Oct 13, 8:00am
Yip. I had a rear view mirror that fell off. Tried supposed good products and they didn't last. Ended up taking it to Smith & Smith glass. Don't know what they used but it stayed on after that.

bigmuz1, Oct 13, 9:36am
I work for Novus, we use a specialty Novus mirror adhesive, comes with a primer that we paint onto the mirror block and the glass, and a resin that then goesbetween the 2. Hold the mirror on for 20 seconds, and as long as both surfaces were clean, it's there forever. When removing mirrors from old screens, it will often tear chunks of glass off the screen before letting go

attitudedesignz, Oct 13, 8:29pm
Used the permatex product yesterday, so far so good.

Funnily enough it had, Ford, Chrysler and another manufacturer's part numbers on the packaging.

elect70, Feb 12, 8:26am
happened to me & local Novus guy stuck on for free . worth a try nigel