Best car window cleaner?

dollydot, May 17, 5:08am
Anyone know of a really good window cleaner? Have tried a couple of brands but still get smears and not crystal clear. Have used new microfibre cloths, lint free cloths etc. Have seen installers of glass balcony surrounds use a spray on mousse type product. They'd know of a good product I guess as they want their product to look excellent at installation. What do you use? I drive clients in my car so keen to get a good product that works.

therafter1, May 17, 5:09am
CRC glass cleaner for me.

kazbanz, May 17, 5:11am
The glass cleaning cream is IMO the best option.
That said Ive resorted to thinners on a clean rag to get rid of the silicone spooge,oil,grease etc then cleaned the window

2sheddies, May 17, 5:13am
50/50 mix of meths and water. Also try using old newspaper instead of cloths to do the final dry/wipe. Seems to work awesome on the house windows and leaves a very nice finish.

therafter1, May 17, 5:22am
Brake clean con do a good job of getting some of that gunge off as well, don't spray it directly onto the window tho, spray it onto a clean cotton rag first.

muzz67, May 17, 5:27am
Meths/water and paper towels.

dollydot, May 17, 5:39am
Thanks for all the great suggestions. Looks like the CRC could be the aerosol mousse type cleaner used by the balcony glass installers (thanks rafter) Not keen on paper towels as they drop lint also.

dollydot, May 17, 5:40am
Do you know what brand is good kazbanz?

therafter1, May 17, 5:57am
It does come out as a froth yes, it is really easy to buff off, it doesn't streak, and if you keep your cloth clean it gets wet with the product and you don't have to keep using the can, you just use the cloth damped with the cleaner and follow up with a clean cotton cloth.

therafter1, Jan 26, 9:40pm
A lot of the products that the dealers use are very good, but quite often you can only purchase them in bulk quantities.