Roof Box

helmont, Sep 23, 7:19am
Hi Folks, we're looking at purchasing a roof box, for our Mazda Premacy. We're a family of five, so double buggy, scooter, Porta cots, etc are what we need to take away with us.

What are the best things to look for in a roof box? Any recommendations? Things/brands to avoid?

TIA.

seadubya, Sep 23, 7:21am
In my mind the best brand is Thule, unfortunately it also happens to be one of the more expensive. But they make very robust long lasting stuff that is very well designed.

franc123, Sep 23, 10:11am
It certainly pays to have a good look at what you are buying, I've seen some pretty cheap and crappy ones on the market that are very flexy and flimsy. Personally I reckon they're a nuisance as well as a fuel economy killer and a better sized people mover would be a better bet, the Premacy is a nice car but its not nearly as spacious as it should be for what its intended to do. My 2c.

kazbanz, Sep 23, 11:11pm
helmont--WHICH premacy is yours?
There are now three generations. of premacy

helmont, Sep 24, 4:55am
It's a 2010.

Thanks for all the advice.

purplegoat, Sep 24, 7:26am
Given the price of those roof boxes unless you are going to use several times a year its probably far more economical to hire the 1-2 times a year you go on family holidays . Canoe and kayak hire them here in wellywood

helmont, May 13, 7:04pm
Thanks PurpleGoat. That's a great tip and food for thought. We'd use it every public holiday weekend, but perhaps a great way to try out different types.