COF truck towing WOF trailer

upnorth, Mar 8, 12:45am
Does the combined all-up load have to be within truck GVM? Thanks.

snoopy221, Mar 8, 12:47am

upnorth, Mar 8, 1:11am
Thanks, what say would be GCM for an Isuzu Elf towing a braked tandem car trailer?

Towbar has 2000kg certification.

Length not a problem, have class 4 DL.

aj254, Mar 8, 7:03am
All your weights will be on your loading cert in you windscreen. Total weight of truck and trailer must be within your GCM and within your towbar rating too obviously.
But for your license limits the weightof a light trailer (below 3500kg) is excluded.

upnorth, Mar 8, 8:24am
"Its tare is 2620 kgs, GVM is 4500kgs, and tow rated at 2000kgs giving it a total GCM of 6500kgs meaning it can be driven on normal class 1 drivers licence."

From a reliable source.

bigfatmat1, Mar 8, 8:53am
truck yes, trailer no 6t gcm on class 1

bigfatmat1, Mar 8, 8:56am

aj254, Mar 8, 9:05am
But is the 2000 kg tow rating on your loading cert?
By law (unless changed fairly recently) if your GVM is over 3500kg your loading certificate must be displayed. Check it, it will have LTNZ's rating on it, which in some cases is different to the manufacturers rating, and it will have the Tare, GVM, GCM, etc.

snoopy221, Mar 8, 9:08am
Reality is class 4 ya should know most of this
And what is your intended loading on this trailer and what brake system does it have.

"Its tare is 2620 kgs, GVM is 4500kgs, and tow rated at 2000kgs giving it a total GCM of 6500kgs

Meh at class 4 i thought it miyta been a decent size twin steer 10 ton elf lol

Reading between the lines ya shld be 2620 + passengers and driver + trailer weight + trailer load.
Probably light vehicle on overide braked tandem.

upnorth, Mar 8, 6:57pm
"Probably light vehicle on overide braked tandem. "

Yep, that's it and I can easy see it over 2000kg loaded.

Easier to drop the driveshaft and A-frame car methinks.

mrcat1, Mar 8, 9:33pm
My drivers licence looks nothing like the example they show in that link, mine has a lot of that information missing.

bigfatmat1, May 8, 5:54pm
Mine has most of the info shown for the classes and endorsements I have but is missing some of the other optional stuff like address