Suzuki Swift Yellow 2015 model

sprinterkayak, Oct 24, 2:06am
Anyone an owner of the above vehicle? I'm having a problem with the pollen pores of trees affecting my yellow paint work. When the pollen is removed there is a purple mark left UNDER the paint work. Has anyone had a problem with this model of car? Suzuki Swift Sport Model, bright yellow.

smalltrader2, Oct 24, 2:40am
Have you tried using some polishing wax and see if the mark can be polished off?

I know bird's poo is acidic and can eat through paint coating if not removed early enough but don't know if pollen pores can react with paint.

countrypete, Oct 24, 4:10am
Wasn't there a fair go item about a similar problem? Turned out to be an aftermarket product reaction as I recall?

sprinterkayak, Oct 24, 7:56am
Cheers for your feedback, polishing wax does not help. I'm finding after a day under trees with pollen it happens, washing the car the purple marks remain!
I think the fair go item was about a wax put onto the car.

smalltrader2, Jan 6, 10:20am
I would suggest consult with the dealer given that your car is new. Car paint with clear coat is usually pretty tough and tree sap or pollen should not really affect the paint unless it is bird poo. Try an independent body shop for advice if the dealer fob you off. Could be some kind of rare paint failure.