I ordered my flywheel and clutch kit for the vw

intrade, Dec 2, 6:42am
How long do you think it took to get here?
from the uk it was shipped.

mm12345, Dec 2, 6:47am
"Shipped" can be a general term including "shipping by air".
If it came on a ship, my guess 8 weeks door to door.

intrade, Dec 2, 6:50am
yea well so take 2 guesses or 3 or what ever with how it was shipped and yes ordered online with credit card to my mate in towns address door to door

snoopy221, Dec 2, 6:54am
Wasn't on the Rena. lol

rsr72, Dec 2, 7:00am
#1- Ordered the plate alignment tool as well?

ignition328, Dec 2, 7:10am
3 days if it's an onto it company and you lucked out with the order instantly hitting the airstrip. Given you made a thread it's probably absurdly good or ridiculously terrible.

intrade, Dec 2, 7:30am
well considering nissan and mazda tell you 12 to 14 day ex japan when you order a simple part at your local jappa retailer.
any more making propper guesses?

ignition328, Dec 2, 7:32am
I've ordered from japland and had stuff well within the week, ordered from australia and only seen it 2 months later. I feel conflicted on where to put a finger on a range between 3 days and a year.

upnorth, Dec 2, 7:35am
Same day service? Order anyday and it arrives a week later.

sw20, Dec 2, 7:42am
Four days.

I ordered an air filter and an exhaust hanger for my old Clio RS from a dealer in the UK. It was $85 shipped for both and arrived in four days. Bought them from the UK because for some reason New Zealand Renault seem to think they are some kind of luxury car?! $40 for an oil filter, close to $100 for an air filter and $400 for four spark plugs!?!

intrade, Dec 2, 7:51am
ok i ordered it friday night so friday morning pome time .
the pomes work hard it seems the longest it took was from auckland to whangarei
sent last friday arrived this arvo.

intrade, Dec 2, 7:53am
Monday, November 30, 2015 Location Time Pieces
15 Departed Facility in AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND 11:11

1 Pieces
14 Processed at AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND 11:11

1 Pieces
13 Forwarded for delivery NZ REGIONAL SERVICE AREA - NEW ZEALAND 10:46
12 Clearance processing complete at AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND 09:07

1 Pieces
11 Arrived at Sort Facility AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND 08:22

1 Pieces
Sunday, November 29, 2015 Location Time Pieces
10 Customs status updated AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND 07:37
Saturday, November 28, 2015 Location Time Pieces
9 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 10:57

1 Pieces
8 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 05:01

1 Pieces
7 Arrived at Sort Facility LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 00:46

1 Pieces
Friday, November 27, 2015 Location Time Pieces
6 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:14

1 Pieces
5 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 21:36

1 Pieces
4 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:56

1 Pieces
3 Departed Facility in LEEDS - UK LEEDS - UK 19:38

1 Pieces
2 Processed at LEEDS - UK LEEDS - UK 19:37

1 Pieces
1 Shipment picked up LEEDS - UK 19:18

1 Pieces

Hide Details

intrade, Dec 2, 7:55am
bottom is start gets updated , ynd yea it was shipped dhl express the kiwis dont seem to know what express means lol

2get1, Dec 2, 8:04am
agree, when I imported a few motorbikes from USA and flew them over, took longer for them to get from Auck to wellie, than Florida, up to LA and over the Auck.

budgel, Dec 2, 6:56pm
Intrade, Where did you get it from?
I have to replace the clutch in my Audi.

tamarillo, Dec 2, 9:02pm
I get auto stuff every now and again from uk. Usually a week, but it's busy season so we'll be longer. Today is last day to post to uk for Xmas!

heads1st, Dec 2, 11:09pm
Budgel ~ I bought a used solid flywheel, clutch & p/plate (done 36,000k) for an 07 VW Caddy on ebay uk in Feb for $155 NZ. It weighed 15kg and cost $150 NZ to send. Only took a week to get here. The auction showed the shipping cost. Google global shipping program. Hope this info is of some help.

poppy62, Dec 3, 5:00am
Hey Intrade & Budgel, did/have you tried Auto Clutch (Kingsland) Auckland for your clutches. Neil seems to carry a terrific range, never failed to get what I needed.

intrade, Dec 3, 7:56am
i have a solid mass conversion my vw is a 6 speed diesel i dont think there is mutch of these engine and gearboxes even in the country as it is a uk import. because i hunted for one of these cars for years and when it was for sale the first time i did not buy it and a few years later it was on sale here again its when i purchased it.
So the rearety of the engine gearbox mix and the fact it is a dual-mass conversion kit i needed means there is almost 0 chance anyone will stock this part.

intrade, Dec 3, 7:59am
i got it from darkside development uk its good for 400 newten meter the valeo version, so i hope i dont burn that out .
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/valeo-1-9-tdi-6-speed-02m-single-mass-flywheel-and-clutch-kit-smf.html

intrade, Dec 3, 8:03am
you can order also from rexbo.eu but they take longer and it costs more as that kit is with sachs truster bearing actuator

kecal, Dec 3, 8:05am
ordered a light bulb from outlet in napier said only coming from auck so be here over night , 4 weeks later it arrived.
no wonder we buy out of the country

intrade, Aug 5, 3:36am
Same engine and same doing if i dont whatch the throttle as in his video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EHQVx0tzuk