4g63 motor rvr (gurus

gmphil, Feb 4, 10:59pm
anybody know if there is a carb manifold that would bolt on too a 4g63 injected from a early nineties rvr motor?t
t,i,a

brapbrap8, Feb 4, 11:51pm
They made a carbed version called the G63b for the L200, until the mid 90's.
Not sure if we got that engine here or not.
It has an 8 valve head where as the injected 4G63 is either 12 or 16.

gmphil, Feb 5, 3:42am
4 g63b I believe was the coding for the motor in the e15a 84-88 front wheel drive sigma / galants . have bein looking for one of these ! anybody know of one or a hole car surley must be one with a busted auto or too rusty some where. neibours got an rvr bugged trans 170 k said could have $500 but is dohc injected .
my son has a 1990 l300 van needs a motor so just looking at option

franc123, Feb 5, 5:37am
Its not going to go in there anyway, there are narrow and wide block versions of those. Don't be fooled by Mitsubishi using the same engine codes for their 2 litre engines for about 90 years for reasons only known to themselves.

gmphil, Feb 5, 5:45am
crap thanks crap lol back to drawing board .
one out of a e33a ? leave injected in get lecky sort ?
hard find a desent donk for the old girl

franc123, Feb 5, 5:50am
You're not the only one, most of them have been cooked and junked years ago. I'd hate to think how hard it would be to get a replacement motor for a Starion or a 2.6 L200 or even that funny 2.4 4G64 unit that was fitted to the sportpack L300 for a while.

bigfatmat1, Feb 5, 8:12am
Pretty simple engine and electrics. Whats the prob?

phillip.weston, Feb 5, 12:43pm
The 8 Valve SOHC comes multi point injected in the 87-93 shape Galant, 91-95 shape Chariot and a few other cars as well. The only 12 valve 4G63 was the Sirius-DASH engine of the mid 80s, but that was fitted to the Starion or E15A Galant/Eterna turbo and was throttle body injected.

phillip.weston, Feb 5, 12:45pm
ALL Transverse 4G63s are narrow block. Only the 4WD van/truck OR the RWD turbo 4G63 is wide block.

The 4G63 came out in 1980 and was retired in the mid 2000s being replaced with the 4B11. Hardly a super long engine run.

phillip.weston, Feb 5, 1:52pm
The only direct swap would be another L300 2.0 carb, RWD Sigma 2.0 or L200 mid 80s model 2WD with the 4G63.

You could use a FWD 2.0L carb engine from the FWD Sigma or 80s Chariot however you'll need to swap manifolds, sump, engine mounts, water pump, crank pulley and power steering pump.

Using a SOHC 8V injected engine from an E33A Galant or N21W Chariot would be the same as above except you would then need to run an electric fuel pump as the injected heads don't have provision for the mechanical fuel pump.

a.woodrow, Feb 5, 8:01pm
I'm quite sure when I did an engine swap on my old sigma using an efi donor from an early galant that all I needed to do was cut a hole in the side of the head for the fuel pump to go through as it had a blanked off mount for it but the centre wasn't milled out. I also had to tap the thread into the mounting holes - so it may be worth checking the head to see if there is provision even if it has been blanked off in casting

franc123, Feb 6, 1:09am
Like I said, its not going to go in there is it! 25 years is a VERY long time for a Jap manufacturer to have made a single designation engine, albeit in different forms in my book. Nobody else was still making the same base engine in 2005 as they were in 1980! Even Toyota who tend to do more block redevelopment than other makers were not.

phillip.weston, Feb 6, 10:52am
The Toyota A series is the most recent Toyota engine that enjoyed a long production period - from the late 70s through to the early 2000's in most markets, and in some markets it is still being used (as is the 4G6x, but not by Mitsubishi directly). Then there's the M series inline 6 which was finally retired in the early 1990s after being first introduced in the early 1960s. Y series was another long running engine series.

Mazda are still using the R2 diesel engine to this day, first introduced in the early 1980s.

Most Jap makers used the same base engine from the 80s through the 90s and 2000's - they were quite advanced when introduced and were able to be modernised relatively easily until all the new emissions regulations came in. Since the 2000's most Jap makers have been making quite a few different family of engines over a short production span, and Mitsubishi is no exception as they have had many new engines - 4B1x, 4J1x, 4A9x, 4N1x etc.

gmphil, Feb 7, 1:48am
power in water arnt good friends lol
hands up is my down fall .
have got test light and meter and can use
no trouble putting in stereos or testing alternators
but wiring a ecu to a car that previous dosnt have one im not sure .

gmphil, Feb 7, 2:02am
thanks u for all this info !
was thinking if got a front wheel drive one il just change sump to fit and add a new radiator with fans ! or have I forgottin something ?

was near twenty years ago I did a engine swap 1800 to 2000 and vaguely remember the front alignment problem ie drive belt wouldn't go one as all pulleys didn't line up spent while searching for right bit and in end think I swap out steering rack for a manual to sort .
as this is for non pwrster l300 il now will just biff pump and make a idle bearing set up for the belt

gmphil, Jul 2, 5:09pm
thank u all for all the info !
I start looking again .
anything else comes to mind pleae post
thanks phil