Looking to buy a Corolla Station Wagon - Help?!

toyboy3, May 7, 3:25am
It looks like different colour left paint and aftermarket wheels would be a concern

intrade, May 7, 3:30am
also these sold new for 18000$ plus the 1,5 needs to reved up high to havy any form of power on hills. My ex naigbour purchased one of these brand new its how i know the price she paid the 1.8 was way more expensive even secoundhand , 3 years later she traded it in for a 2 year older 1,8 and paid 6 grand on top for the trade in.
so that thing in reality is not worth more then 7 grand

debulebule, May 7, 3:31am
Just came back from viewing it actually. Not far from me. Thought I'd post this to gauge other opinions. Paint is clean, middle age woman so I don't think she has had much time for racing either. Lol. Wheels came standard from the dealer apparently. All the paper work is there too. Full service history etc.

Just never had a newer Toyota, so not sure about them in general.

intrade, May 7, 3:40am
yes i had somone try and dispute that 1 year after my naigbour purchgased her one it was the 1,5 and it was on special at toyota whangarei brand new not a demosntrater , she almost purchased a secoundhand one for 15000$ that had 50.000km when i told her i personally would not buy a 3 year old one thats almost the price of a brand new one.
the 1.8 "new" was vastly more expensive back then also.
also only the station wagon 1,5 vvti with manual trans was this cheap price new
if they have the documents go and look in there what this one was sold for.

bwg11, May 7, 3:44am
Just be sure the 1.5 has adequate power for your use. A friend of mine used the older 1.8 autos commercially and did vast mileages heavily laden and they were ultra reliable. He tried a 1.5 when the first 1.8 was due for replacement and decided to change the fleet to Nissan x-trails. That said, you just can't beat Toyota for reliability, so if the 1.5 suits you, go for it.

kazbanz, May 7, 3:52am
They are also called fielder

msigg, May 7, 5:25am
Yea nothing wrong with that car, low km will serve you well, keep it serviced and it will last, very handy size, easy to drive, don't be too caught up in the price, whatever makes you happy is the main thing in life.

stevo2, Feb 10, 2:54pm
Intrade is (nearly) right. These were selling at a discounted price brand new a few years back for $18990 + ORC.
They are a good honest reliable car. The car in the auction has had a paint repair on the passenger front door.