NZ Drivers versus foreigners

scuba, Apr 10, 11:11pm
To all those that bitch about the quality of our drivers and roads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d28O10gTjaY#t=75

where would you rather be.

gman35, Apr 11, 12:03am
Looking at that , I would say their drivers would have much better reaction times and judgement than most NZ'ers ! So would prob rather drive there actually.
These are the 2 things that cause most intersection crashes , the people that cannot judge gaps (i.e. have to wait for a 200mtr of clear traffic before they go , or wildly swerve around the car in front even though an indicator has been on for 5sec etc) are so common.

socram, Apr 11, 1:17am
If you have been to many other countries, you will know that they won't stop for you at a pedestrian crossing. The local advice is to walk steadily at a constant pace and don't run or stop. It seems to work surprisingly well.

NZ. Eight lanes of traffic stop because 8 year old Jimmy hits the pedestrian button as he walks past, or, grandad ambles across the crossing and is 100m up the road before the lights change back to green again for the motorists.

UK. Up until recently, at a light controlled pedestrian crossing, the light changed from red for the motorists, to flashing amber after about 8 seconds. If all clear, motorists go. If pedestrians still on the crossing, wait for them to cross.

How difficult can it be to suit pedestrians and motorists?

Funny old world.

yachtie3, Apr 11, 2:02am
I wouldn't want to hit any of those pedestrians, probably loaded up with explosives, Just sayin.

scuba, Apr 11, 2:52am
yeah you can tell that from the video eh

attitudedesignz, Mar 19, 2:51am
Wouldn't mind a 2005 Hunter, wonder how hard it would be to get out lol.