Following a construction company truck today SH2

Page 1 / 2
nick91111, Jul 27, 11:05pm
This morning on SH2 heading south to Wellington. Not long before the Ngauranga exit. Open deck big Isuzu truck (white) with a red CC or similar logo with plate CK7 or CKB XXX or similar, spewing construction materials all over the road and managed to suck in some pink bats/dust into my motorbike helmet.

Anyone have any idea how I can track down which company this is as I have forgotten the full plate number. Does someone recognize the logo/company.

Cheers.

jmma, Jul 28, 12:47am
Try Capital Constructions (o:

quickbuck, Jul 28, 1:02am
That is very nasty! Not good for your lungs at all.

I wish more drivers would consider things like this. Just another reason I don't ride on the roads anymore.

richardmayes, Jul 28, 1:37am
Capital Construction was my first thought too, but their logo is nothing at all like "a red CC"

They are also a very good company and I'd be very surprised if they were involved in something like this.

saxman99, Jul 28, 2:03am
This one any good?

http://racc.co.nz

tintop, Jul 28, 2:51am
The plods can find it.

They can query on part plate numbers and vehicle make and type.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 28, 3:17am
Can. but are they likely to be bothered?

tintop, Jul 28, 3:18am
You never know until you ask.

berg, Jul 28, 3:24am
Ring Wellington police in the morning and get them to transfer you to the phone of DBAE51 from CVIU

berg, Jul 28, 3:25am
And you can take your anti police bollocks elsewhere

nick91111, Jul 28, 3:55am
Is that a QID? I've submitted an online report already, but I'd like to follow up.

nick91111, Jul 28, 3:57am
Yip I'm pretty sure that's the one.

nick91111, Jul 28, 3:59am
Pretty sure it's not them. Looks to be these guys: http://racc.co.nz

martin11, Jul 28, 4:10am
Perhaps you should have followed the truck a bit further back and avoided the dust off it .

How close were you following it ?

nick91111, Jul 28, 4:30am
Heavy traffic, and it changed lanes from left to right in front of me. So I had little time to react. I slowed down and then moved across as soon as I could, but that small amount of time was enough.

nick91111, Jul 28, 4:33am
It wasn't just that, but also the pieces of pink bats/debris falling on the road were a hazard. Not a good look

berg, Jul 28, 5:34am
Yep, they should put you through

richardmayes, Jul 28, 6:28am
What would guys doing civil works and retaining walls be doing with batts in the back of their truck?

gunhand, Jul 28, 6:33am
Well it seems they didn't really want it there at all. Every KG lost prob makes it cheaper at the tip?
Reminds me of when I was following a truck on a MC at a safe distance when its lovely square hay bails started toppling off all over the show at 90kph. Now this tests ya skills. Twas a good thing I was at a sensible distance otherwise I would have been cow fodder.

berg, Jul 28, 6:56am
Following a Strait Freight B-train last year on the bike when it blew a tyre on the first trailer tri's. Went off like a bomb, trailer lifted and suddenly the road was awash with chunks of rubber. Makes you thankful of a decent following distance for sure

gsimpson, Jul 28, 7:58am
They won't do anything about trucks spraying effluent so this won't get a look in.

crankypants69, Jul 28, 8:06am
Bloody shocking where some of the bastards empty their tanks!

elect70, Jul 28, 11:09am
I followed a truck carrying demolition materials with no tailboard few years ago , bits of concrete were falling off , rang * 555 & gave them plate # hope they got the assole.

yellowsubmarine, Jul 29, 10:09am
You probably should not be reporting companies if you don't even know for sure who they were.

nick91111, Dec 11, 12:20am
Hi Nick

Sorry I did not respond earlier. I have been looking into this.

It appears one of our trucks was possibly the culprit. We take Health and Safety matters very seriously and I have reminded our team to cover the loads and wet them down.

I??