995213648 what fuel ?

thisles5, Dec 12, 5:55am
i ended up buying this. what fuel should i use .thanks.

intrade, Dec 12, 5:57am
95 octane germany dont even has 91

thisles5, Dec 12, 6:02am
thank you !

thisles5, Dec 14, 5:59pm
hi ! just opened the flap on the fuel cap and is has ---- 91 MIN. -- on it , any idea what thats about then.

intrade, Dec 14, 7:01pm
what does the sticker look like factory?
you would have to try it out if on a full tank of 91 if it is knocking in any way shape or noticable less powerfull on hills then its not made to run 91 octane . whom knows maybe vw made some vans for 3th world countrys whom can run 91 i know some 1990s rover can be programmed to operate on 91 via the rover mems scantool. look under the steering colum or in glove box if the original manual is still in the van about fuel to use.

vtecintegra, Dec 14, 7:30pm
I'd be amazed if it wasn't fine on 91 - it's a low compression, low performance engine

thisles5, Dec 14, 7:56pm
the sticker has -- unleaded fuel only * plus it has it in a few other languages. * min 91 ( does min mean minimum ? ) then it has --- ron / ros --- ?

intrade, Dec 14, 9:31pm
minimum means not lower then 91 the usa have some 80 octane crap
ron is the 3 letters for octane 91 ron
minimum means minimum not maximum . logically

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
if you look developed nations dont even have 91 octane only 3th world countrys still use 91 or lower

intrade, Dec 14, 9:43pm
The most typically used engine management systems found in automobiles today have a knock sensor that monitors if knock is being produced by the fuel being used. In modern computer controlled engines, the ignition timing will be automatically altered by the engine management system to reduce the knock to an acceptable level.
i have a video showing how the 95 corolla retards the timing on 91 octane fuel.

franc123, Jun 13, 3:16am
I'm sure Australia, Japan and USA would like to be referred to as third world lol. They all use a 91 grade unleaded, the Yanks calculate the octane rating differently by averaging the MON and RON units, their 87 is the same as 91 in other places.