Holden Astra

mkenzi, May 28, 7:35am
Hello
Is the Astra model like the Vectra Re badged ?
Is this model reliable ?

Thanks

intrade, May 28, 7:43am
the car is a opel like a ford telstar is a mazda
Reliable comes down to how well and accurate it was serviced i service a 2003 berina and a astra , the astra has had a few issues with coolant and still is loosing slight coolant somwhere but never broke down on the owner loads of issues was stuff not picked up by wof place like stabilizer bars with a half a inch play that a blind man would see passed the wof in takanini vtnz. I replaced the satbiliser the next day after it has had its new wof
if you have a nz new astra you can get parts for it from holden no problem solong as you tell them they sold the car otherwise they will try and tell you they cant get parts for it as they told me untill i mentioned that fact, and parts are not expensive 185$ for anew cam angle sensor i had to get when doing the cambelt for a preventive mesure because the wiring has had disintigrated on the sensor.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 3, 9:08am
Yes, it's another re-badge. The ONLY actual Australian Holdens of late are the Commodore based vehicles as far as I am aware.

Realistically, if you are wanting a solid reliable car of that size, you are better to forget anything with a Holden badge and just get one of the better European options or even something Japanese. I say "better" European options as the Vauxhall/Opel stuff (which is what the little Holdens are) is really at the least desirable and more problematic end of the European car market.

Why not post what your budget is and what your requirements are and we could give you some ideas?