94 suzuki swift with surging chugging ?

leelee79, May 28, 8:10am
what could it be ?

jmma, May 28, 8:14am
When does it surge and when does it chugg?
More info.

leelee79, May 28, 8:29am
when driving , lol

jmma, May 28, 8:30am
How many km's has it done and when was the last service done?

leelee79, May 28, 8:44am
160 km and dunno when serviced

jmma, May 28, 8:56am
Umm, think we have found your answer then (o:

leelee79, May 28, 9:01am
don't bother .

jmma, May 28, 9:03am
Don't drive it, problem fixed. :oP

snoopy221, May 28, 9:09am
Tis on rag week needs a plug-or 4 as in NEW spark plugs K

jmma, May 28, 9:17am
Sounds about right (o: Lol

countrypete, May 28, 6:52pm
Leelee, I see you deleted a message and can guess what it may have said. You came to this forum for help, and all you got was sarcasm and silly comments.

The first thing you should do is give the car a basic service. Start with checking and cleaning the air filter to make sure it's not blocked, replace the spark plugs, and quite likely the HT leads if they have never been done (and quite likely they haven't). Check that the exhaust is not blocked either at the manifold, or through its length. I'm pretty sure these are carburetted so check that the choke isn't sticking, as this will cause the car to run too rich and could well cause chugging, surging.

If these are things you are not confident doing yourself, take it to a reputable garage and ask their advice. They are pretty basic cars mechanically, so it shouldn't be too big an issue Good luck

leelee79, May 28, 7:05pm
thanks country pete, helpful advice , will start by checking those things ,

kazbanz, May 28, 9:23pm
Leelee- can you qualify that the car is a 1994.?
if it is then its a holden barina with a Suzuki badge.
Theres a few causes of the issue you describe if it is the 94
Pete covered most of them off. But the foul weather we have had lately will also be a possible cause. Ie water in places it shouldn't be

jmma, May 28, 9:49pm
Not sure how you arrive at this? I was trying to get more info that wasn't being offered, also suggested the first thing you did, "A Service"

tamarillo, May 29, 3:10am
Hey Kaz,, isn't it the other way round, that the Holden was a rebadged Suzuki up to then? Around that time it switched to being a rebadged Opel I think.
Whichever, op, your car needs a full service, only then, if problem remains, can you try to diagnose it as it's more than likely it simply needs tune, plugs, etc.

kazbanz, Aug 31, 2:11am
probably the case but Im trying to establish if the OP has the correct year.
Im betting on water in places it shouldn't be