Suzuki Cultus

noswalg, Feb 5, 5:09am
Anybody had any experience with these cars, looking at a 96 on behalf of someone but don't know much about them i.e common mechanical/electrical issues TIA

kazbanz, Feb 5, 5:22am
In my experience they kinda stole Toyota's set up with the 90-94 corolla.
No major issues that ive experienced.

intrade, Feb 5, 5:30am
yup basic car i accident repaird one of these years ago its still going with the wrong colourd left guard i fitted back then ;)

berg, Feb 5, 6:00am
Typical Suzuki. Bombproof reliability. Maybe not the best finished car in the world but I've worked for a mechanic for Suzuki and have been happy to own 6 of them (bikes and cars).

noswalg, Feb 5, 6:21am
Thanks guys, yep always admired Suzuki's reliability (I own 2 of the 2 wheeled kind) Basic and reliable is what is the go for this young couple, will go and check out the car in question this weekend.

iluvmuse, Feb 5, 6:22am
I've rented the wagon a couple of times. Good basic drive but interior build quality poor, lots of squeaks and road noise.

tamarillo, Feb 5, 6:39am
Pretty old tech even in day. Reliable but dynamically lacking and behind the times.

countrypete, Feb 5, 6:54am
A cultus is an import and there were many variants. Most common is a 1500cc but there are 1600s also. Many of the 1600 wagons were 4wd and I know little about them. I do own two Baleno 1600 sedans and an 1800 wagon. I've had two of those since virtually new and one sedan has done 200,000kms, the other 190kms. As other posters have said they are very reliable, VERY cheap on gas, and the only real issue is they are on the noisy side (road noise)

moparpete, Feb 5, 8:44am
The wifey owns a 95 Cultus Cresent 1300 SOHC. Has being a reliable little car. Runs on the smell of an oily rag. Flies through WOFs. As being said before, basic finish inside and out, but will take the reliability any day over a flash as bells and whistles bling bling POS.

franc123, Feb 5, 11:51am
Not that wonderful and not that popular even considering what it is, the build quality is pretty so so for a Jap car IMO. Have seen a J18A motor snap a timing chain at random in the mid 100k's for no apparent reason, wasnt that cheap to fix as nobody but Suzuki could supply anything for it. An OK buy at the right price (cheap) but it was clearly the reason why Suzuki had to make what followed in the new millenium of a lot more appealing, and needless to say they succeeded.

slarty45, Jul 6, 2:06pm
bung a Suzuki bike motor in a Fiat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQPNw7R2Zq0