Fuel

ppgirl1, Jul 13, 8:59am
What is 87 octane fuel in New Zealand ( ie 91 or 96). Specs on JetSki say to use 87 octane ( minimum)

morrisman1, Jul 13, 9:12am
USA use the average of MON rating and RON. Their 87 is approximately equal to our 91 octane. We use RON here, which number wise gives a higher number

bryshaw, Jul 13, 9:37am
91 was $1.89 in Foxton yesterday.

m16d, Jul 14, 7:40am
Just use 95. 91 is for mowers only.

aktow, Jul 14, 2:37pm
no wonder you made a stupid comment,, you are from thames

suicidemonkey, Jul 14, 9:16pm
Yep agreed, 95 minimum. 91 is crap

solarboy, Jul 15, 9:48am
http://www.aa.co.nz/membership/aa-directions/driver/fuel-duel-2/

Must be a helluva lot of lawnmowers using heaps of petrol in New
Zealand compared with car use. 80% of petrol sold here is 91. I certainly use it in everything here including 2 cars and a chainsaw, all of which I've had for 10 or more years, all still going fine with no repairs etc. I don't use it in my main lawnmower but that's an Enviromower :-)

thejazzpianoma, Jul 15, 10:17am
Popular doesn't mean it's the most sensible/logical choice. Not only is that well proven scientifically, but we are surrounded by examples. Telecom, Fisher and Paykel, Brother printers, Suzuki Swift. and most interestingly, your Enviromower.

solarboy, Jul 15, 11:55am
Yes, we've all seen your long-winded, lonely opinions on things in here thanks - kind of a plaintive voice in the wilderness really. As it happens I have a F and P washing machine which was given to me 2nd hand over 10 years ago and never given a scrap of trouble. The Enviromower has new batteries every 5 years or so and a regular sharpen but no other maintenance - both obviously sensible logical choices and I'll take MY word for it thanks :-) and I've had no problems - just good service - from Telecom too, returning to them after trying Telstra/ Clear and vodafone and wondering why after doing so briefly. I've never had to try to convince anyone else to buy a Toyota or Nissan either live I have but I had an Alfa once which dissolved into iron oxide. Brother and Suzuki seem to be doing just fine without my help - must be plenty of others making sensible/logical choices by keeping THEIR market share up huh ?

cjohnw, Jul 15, 7:45pm
Had an Enviromower for about 8 years. One replacement battery otherwise not a single solitary problem.
A grain or two of salt is needed when reading some posts.

goose16, Jul 15, 9:12pm
Nothing wrong with 91. Used it in a quad cam V8 for the last 12 years. Runs better and better mpg than 95 or 98.

sharchew, Feb 3, 8:15am
Nothing wrong with 91 you are being taken for a ride on the 95 Google it you will find it all there