Nissan Presage lowering back seats

ben-sophie, Sep 13, 1:32am
Hi, I have a 2004 Nissan Presage. I want to lower the back seats to make a flat deck. The diagram shows that it is possible to do this and it has been done once. The problem is I have forgotten how.
I have been able to lower the seat its self flat by pulling the pull cord but the backrest of the seat will not lower all the way into the same position.
Does anyone out there know how this is done.

seadubya, Sep 13, 1:34am
I don't know about the pressage but with a few Nissans I have seen you pull a clip/strap in between the seat bottom and the seat back and the seat bottom tilts forward before the seat back folds down. Hope that makes sense.

ben-sophie, Sep 13, 1:44am
Thanks, I know the strap you are talking about and have used it but it only lowers the seat bottom. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the strap.

seadubya, Sep 13, 1:49am
This clip is from a different Nissan, but works the same as other Nissans I have seen (except straps in a different place) but folding mechanism the same. www.youtube.com/watch?v=83JI5e5Rvxk

kazbanz, Sep 13, 2:21am
ben-sophie follow this instruction
The seat must be fully in "seat" mode -so the squab cant have flipped up and over-If it is the seat backs will not flip.
1)push both middle seats forwards.
2)there is a "d handle" to the left rear of the very back seat pull and release it once.Emphasis is on RELEASE--if you don't the squab will flip right over 0-if you release too slowly the squab will flip over--then in both cases the seat back wont fold forwards
3) pull the "d handle" a second time and both the seat backs and seat squab will flip over.
Basicly if the squab has flipped and the seat back hasn't flipped then you have to pull the squab back over and start again.
--its a feature of the folding but till used to it its a PITA
--I just went out and did it twice to be sure I got the sequence right

kazbanz, Sep 13, 2:26am
Im sorry but definitely NO. This is totally different from the presage.
the presage has a double flip system for the seat and it all works by pulling the "d handle"

seadubya, Sep 13, 2:39am
That's cool, I've never had a pressage, but took a stab at it being similar to other nissans when no one else had replied. Your instructions are pretty comprehensive, so hopefully they will get it sorted.

ben-sophie, Jul 3, 9:10am
Thank you all so much. It is sorted with your help,I have a flat deck and it all works well. Again, thanks.