Women Drivers

tony9, Jul 26, 3:23am
From 1923, nothing changes.

Caption reads "Mrs. Dorothy Holland, 20 years old, of Baltimore, lies in Georgetown University Hospital suffering from internal hemorrhages as a result of an automobile in which she was riding going over a 30-foot embankment near the Virginia end of the Chain bridge at 6 o'clock yesterday morning. . According to the police, the accident was the result of an all-night party that began at 1 o'clock yesterday morning . "

http://www.shorpy.com/files/images/SHORPY_09167u.preview.jpg

tintop, Jul 26, 3:50am
Page not found.

msigg, Jul 26, 4:12am
Most accidents are caused by men drivers, Insurance is cheaper for a female.

saxman99, Jul 26, 5:16am
Yeah I thought that too until I saw on our insurance policy my wife's car cost more to insure than mine. Same value cars, mine is a 90's V8 BMW with far more power than I need and hers is a 'normal' 02 Pug hatchback. Her car is judged safer than mine. I queried the company and they said:

"No, that's correct. Our research shows women her age have kids in the car causing major distraction which leads to more accidents."

"We don't have any kids"

"The form doesn't have a field for that."

Sigh.

kazbanz, Jul 26, 5:18am
UM--it doesn't say it was a woman driver

msigg, Jul 26, 5:27am
saxman99, that's interesting, our policy covers both of us so don't know about individual, I know my wife drives slower than me and is probably safer, I take more risks.

gsimpson, Dec 28, 4:33pm
Not necessarily. When I had my car insured it came through as my wife as the main driver when I called in to correct it the lady at AA said the premium would drop $15. She explained that women of "our age" tend to make more claims.