Best fuel card out there?

rugnuts, Dec 22, 5:02am
Hi, just wondering if any one knew which company offered the best fuel cards? We are based in Auckland currently use Mobil Cards but thought it wouldn't hurt to look around.

kazbanz, Dec 22, 5:09am
IMO much of a muchness

lookoutas, Dec 22, 6:02am
Somewhere, I have the contacts for a crowd up north who have a better deal than my Mobil card.
Did start looking into it, but went no further. If it was back in the days when I was filling up every night, I wouldn't be stuffing around. But now my fuel usage is 5/8 of FA, so I haven't bothered.

mrcat1, Dec 22, 6:08am
For diesel or petrol?
The best you could get would be thru Farmlands, 12 cents of the pump price a litre from Caltex or Challenge, and the same of the pump price at diesel truck stops, currently I'm buying diesel around 70 cents litre from truck stops.

clark20, Dec 22, 6:56am
The one the company pays for?

mikek, Dec 22, 7:00am
Z offers 6c off the pump price as standard - not sure if thats good or not - just happens to be the most common in the area I live. - was easy enough to sign up online

dublo, Dec 22, 7:16am
Supergold card at Challenge here gets me 8 cents/litre discount off their already competitive prices! Haven't bothered with AA deals at other local stations, or at supermarket pumps.

robbief, Dec 22, 7:40am
Caltex truck stops around 20c of.

xs1100, Dec 22, 8:49am
there a new crowd running out of nelson who are tied up with mobil apparently very very good to deal with and good savings

tintop, Dec 22, 8:56am
Far North Fuels 09 407 7407

I have Mobil and BP cards, had Caltex one too - but it was not as good as Mobil. Not sure of BP yet, just a new station here in last couple of weeks.

henderson_guy, Dec 22, 9:19am
Allied.

brapbrap8, Dec 22, 9:48am
Yes they are good, all the contractors in my area get their diesel through them.
Get a huge discount ($10k+) off Ford Ranger utes if you have a Farmlands card too.

bumfacingdown, Dec 22, 5:41pm
That would be NPD, spread as far as South Otago so far

biddy6, Dec 22, 8:47pm
Yep ,NPD are doing 15 cents off with Super gold card also at some Challenge stations

rugnuts, Dec 22, 11:04pm
thanks so much, I'm with Far North Fuel, just wanted to check they're competitive.

lookoutas, Dec 23, 7:36am
Them's are the suckers I couldn't remember. What are their deals?

I got as far as them wanting to know if my eyelid was connected to any other skin, which meant that when I winked, I could finish up doing something that would send me blind!
And as I mentioned above, I'm not using enough gas to divulge any such habits.

xs1100, Dec 23, 7:57am
and slowly coming north

matarautrader, Dec 23, 8:22am
We are with NZMCA and use Far North Fuels with a Mobil card. Its 12 cents a litre off pump price. Filled up 10 minutes ago $176.9 for regular with 12 c/litre off thats $164.9 litre

lookoutas, Dec 23, 8:26am
That's worth exposing ya arse for.
I might have to fill out the forms again.

purplegoat, Dec 23, 5:33pm
Having been in the industry I can tell ya the whole fuel card pricing thing a nothing but smokes and mirrors . Many people go on about the so called discount they recieve but I always say what is the discount off as many oil cos have what they call a " national retail price " or similiar which they apply discounts to . However that price is often inflated and has no resemblance to what the board price is at your local SS . When comparing prices always ask what the actual END price would be that on that day and compare with your local SS .
I ran a market research seminar 2 years ago and had 16 fuel card customers attend who were customers of all the majors . Only 1 knew what there actual end price was and when they all checked many were shocked that they were actually paying was not the so called discount they thought they were getting as the base price was inflated to begin with

3tomany, Dec 23, 9:38pm
Yes this is and lots of other discounts if you become a member. This card gets deals almost everywhere not just fuel. Being a cooperative all the profits are paid back at the end of the year to shareholders depending on your spend. so the initial purchase of shares is soon paid back.

sharchew, Dec 23, 9:53pm
BP is 2 cents dearer for 95 so I shop at Challenge

inatiz, Dec 24, 11:11am
If you have a super gold card, you can get 10c a litre off - application form can be downloaded from super gold card website. Prior to getting one I used my A A card at caltex. These 2 service stations usually have the lowest prices and are the closest to home.

inatiz, May 4, 6:39pm
Sorry should have said that is with Mobil - through the super gold card website.