We have a Rainbow Hino motorhome

dragonlady65, Apr 8, 3:41am
and we are doing it up inside, what do people recommend putting on the floors, carpet or wooden flooring, I reckon carpet, but the rest of the family reckon wooden flooring. an guess who is going to be sweeping it all the time. yip me, any options would be grateful thanks

muzz67, Apr 8, 3:48am
Carpet be better for sound and heat insulation,, just gotta be vacuumed.
Use a centre runner that can be taken outside.

rhys75, Apr 8, 3:59am
lino with a wooden flooring pattern

richardmayes, Apr 8, 4:41am
If it was mine I would carpet it; motor homes are very noisy on the road, and very cold to sleep in at night!

dragonlady65, Apr 8, 4:50am
I never thought about the noise side of it, that is a good point, it was bad enough when it had carpet. i think i might have won this battle thanks for
the suggestions so far

tweake, Apr 8, 11:08am
i would think a wooden floor would be a nightmare to install.
its all going to move and possible buckle in the heat and vibration unless its perfect.
lino/vinyl. think condensation and walking on it in the morning.

carpet would be good especially with think underlay or rubber mat underneath to reduce sound etc.

nzdoug, Apr 8, 6:54pm
Rubber matt thats removable can be hosed down when taken outside.
Easy install.

stevo2, Apr 8, 6:59pm
You can have the best of both worlds - Cork Tiles -
In standard form they look a bit naff, but they are available in a range of tinted colours and look quite sharp.
Warm, quiet and soft to walk on, plus they're an easy DIY.

survivalkiwi, Apr 8, 7:00pm
When we had our caravan I found that it depended on where we camped. Yes carpet is warmer but it can get very dirty very fast. If we were camping in a sandy area I found that carpet takes the sand off your feet and you dont get sand in the bed.
From experiance I would go for vinyl with a removable carpet on top,

tintop, Apr 8, 8:33pm
We have a camper wiith a hard floor and a removable carpet.

The idea of cork tiles appeals, along with removable mats.

scoobeey, Apr 10, 10:14am
Installed my heart matai flooring ten year ago all good .just needs to be installed properly not rocket science ! and what look do you want a nice natural look or carpet. and as for motorhomes are cold been living in mine years now and that's what a good fire is for . smaller area quicker to heat!

tweake, Mar 19, 10:46pm
very nice