Missing rear screen!

pfemstn, Jul 17, 12:22am
purchased a car on trade me, had it shipped from Hanmer springs to Masterton arrived minus rear screen! 63 Studebaker cruiser ,can any one out there help .shipped Monday ,sat at wharf for a time Tuesday, screen was missing for final leg of journey to Masterton! Help!

extrayda, Jul 17, 4:35am
Insurance cover it? Strange thing to go missing - broken or completely gone? Was it definitely there to begin with?
I have only "shipped" a car once (via Jeffs I think) - from Auckland to Christchurch, and they seemed quite thorough with their checks before they took it, so would expect a missing windscreen to be noted if it was.
Maybe the shipping company should cover it if it was definitely there at the start.

pfemstn, Jul 17, 4:53am
completely gone inc chrome surround and rubber,! definitely there at start have photos to prove,[ taken on transporter],was checked and all ok! at start!

skiff1, Jul 17, 5:55am
Jesus! There are some cheeky, thieving bastards out there.

lookoutas, Jul 17, 5:59am
Unless it was just sitting there/not fitted properly.

Probably not easy to find another one either.
Could try contacting Trevor Halsted at Hamilton.
Think that's how his name's spelt.

Its Halstead

saxman99, Jul 17, 6:21am
Crikey that sucks. I'd be saying quite a few bad words if that happened to me. Unbelievable.

mm12345, Jul 17, 6:38am
Bloody well organised if that's what happened.

pfemstn, Jan 31, 9:25am
didnt see the screen in person, but looks to be correctly in place in the photos I have! cant imagine anyone wanting one as most Studebakers are in club members hands these days! however its gone and im gutted to say the least!