Good company to RENT a TRUCK from in West Akld?

trogedon, Mar 3, 6:06am
I need a small truck with a covered back that I can drive on my car licence next Saturday. Who to rent from?

haventrader, Mar 3, 6:10am
Try James Blond. They have always given me good service.

skull, Mar 3, 7:01am
James Blond, Great North Rd Kelston.

panicky, Mar 3, 7:23am
I've rented a couple of trucks of James Blond, but the last was a piece of crap, with the most scariest brakes I have ever driven (locking up, absolutely diabolical when cold). Otherwise I have had no issue with them. I also arranged my MIL & her partner to hire one of their cars and the partner backed into something, which he disclosed, leaving a very minor dent, which they didn't get charged for.

xs1100, Mar 3, 8:32am
Henderson rentals now refer hirepool

kazbanz, Mar 3, 9:21am
what are you shifting dude?

trogedon, Mar 3, 8:27pm
I've bought a shed (from Pakuranga, it assembled - 2.4m x 2m x 4.4m for a decent workroom). A friend and I are breaking it down and reassembling it here.

trogedon, Mar 3, 8:28pm
What if you'd test driven it, found the brakes were bad and taken it back?

dr.doolittle, Mar 3, 9:11pm
Just rent a tandem car trailer & lay it flat on that.
Then you dont have to worry about whether or not it will fit into a box truck.
Much easier to load too.

kazbanz, Mar 3, 10:56pm
ahh ok--You know what I was thinking "test drive cough cough"? but the hi roof isn't tall enough for the 2.0 or long enough

trogedon, Mar 5, 3:44am
Thanks for the thought. cough, (petrol tank filled) cough.

panicky, May 16, 4:43pm
I did take it back and they didn't have another one the same size (I could drive on car license) and as I was moving to Hamilton from Auckland right then I couldn't afford the time to go try and find another at no notice. It drove okay loaded, and at speed, it was when it was unloaded and especially bad when cold. We finished at midnight as it was after doing 2 trips.