2001 Mazda b2000 van gearbox problem ?

mariyam1, May 29, 6:59am
I need help please, 2001 Mazda b2000 van gearbox problem?
It was not going through gears, was jammed in 5th gear, so I disconnected gear selector shafts from gearbox and checked them, we're working fine, removed gearbox and replaced 2nd,fitted, now it's the same ,problem not fixed, i checked the shafts on gearbox they appear to be jammed,is it a common problem with Mazda b2000 ?

Cheers

intrade, May 29, 7:05am
might pay to tell if it is a manual transmission?
i just read a case on a toyota doing a similar thing

intrade, May 29, 7:09am
2000 Toyota Echo 1.5L Clutch Will Not Release
By: Michael SullivanMay 1, 2015 10:44:14 AM in Asian PowerTrain
42 Replies

Customer just purchased this car. Brought it in because it was shifting rough and slight grind into reverse. Verified concerns. Found very little clutch pedal stroke and clutch grabs as soon as pedal is released . Needs clutch. R+r clutch kit now clutch will not release at all. Cannot shift to any gear with engine running. Figured slave or master might be weak replaced both.air bled out fine. Clutch fork is making full travel tried to move it with someone holding clutch down. It will not move any further thought about possible bad part but same problem as original complaint just worse now.

This is a simple setup I must be missing something!
Updated on May 2, 2015 10:49 AM

I pulled the transmission back out. Disc is (not) in backwards will not fit backwards. Shift fork does not look bent or worn there is no crank end play . Transmission input shaft has no end play. This set up has no pilot bearing the release bearing slides nicely no catches. I fabricated a rig to operate the clutch on the bench and I can compress the clutch far enough to release the disc I compared the new parts to the old parts and other than cosmetic differences everything looks the same the flywheel has a slight step up where the disc rides so I assume it has not been over machined. I am wondering if the flywheel could possibly be wrong?

Respond
Save

Michael Sullivan
Owner/Technician

FIX posted on May 26, 2015 7:58:19 AM

Echo is fixed! thanks to everyone, I received a lot of good comments. Had flywheel machined. Now it will shift into gear but is still not right still grinds badly.i lengthened the push rod at the clutch pedal, clutch worked perfectly. Test drove, grinding into reverse again. Tried to lengthen further not enough thread. Set rod back to where I felt comfortable with the amount of thread.removed the push rod from slave cylinder and made a new one a little longer than original.test drove all good now. Still bugs me though.I should not have had to customize to get it to work.

a.woodrow, May 29, 7:09am
Of course it's manual intrade read the OP!

skull, May 29, 7:15am
He just wanted to tell his story.

gmphil, May 29, 9:05am
check adjustment on both lingages

pettal, May 29, 9:07am
bit of a long shot = is it a column shift ?

mariyam1, May 29, 9:29am
Not column shift

ceebee2, Aug 28, 1:04am
Clutch finger height sounds incorrect. Genuine kit or aftermarket?

Regarding 5th gear jamming but not in gearbox if I read right could be linkage wear (How many km on the clock)