Ford Festiva Gearbox

chris.f, Dec 8, 10:24am
I need a DB series 5 speed manual box. Anyone know if this gearbox is common across the Festiva/Mazda range or are there differences!
I can get one from a Ford Festiva Mini Wagon E-DW5WF for instance but not too sure if it is exactly the same.

mellisa2000, Dec 8, 11:31am
Same one, if yours is 1.5L, or dw3wf if 1.3L

morrisman1, Dec 8, 5:23pm
they are common to the 1.1 and 1.3L and possibly 1.5L ford laser, mazda 323, festiva and mazda 121 as far as I am aware. Remember they come in hydraulic and cable clutch versions. Anything with the 12 o'clock starter should fit but you may need to put your mounts onto it.

I sold a 4 speed one to a guy who put it in place of his 5 speed in a ford festiva and it fitted fine

chris.f, Dec 8, 5:55pm
Mine is 1.3L engine, so it sounds like the DW5WF won't be suitable! What is the other option to the 12 O'clock starter type!

morrisman1, Dec 9, 8:30am
nothing to direct fit but in saying that, you can do anything you want to if you are prepared to go custom

chris.f, Dec 9, 8:57am
I was looking at this listing and wondered if this would suit - listing 430735029 -but seller said his was more like 1 O'Clock, not 12 O'clock. What do you think!

morrisman1, Dec 9, 9:01am
Well the other option that I am aware of is the F series gearbox I think it is and that has a starter on the engine side just above the diff. I cant remember the exact box out of my 121 but the starter was in the vicinity of the top, rather than exactly top.

Easy way is to see what engine that car has, wikipedia for the mazda demio (same car) says it has a b3 or b5 engine which is the same as you have, so I suspect that it will fit but cannot guarantee.