Suzuki GN 125

the-lada-dude, Sep 8, 4:18pm
Apparently made in China ?. the GN 250 is almost bullet proof, how about these 125's ?

kestrel43, Sep 8, 4:27pm
I think the main issue is they rust/corrode more than the Japanese built GNs.

kazbanz, Sep 8, 5:25pm
GN250 and gn125 both now made in china. Everything is a bit less robust than the old wire wheel made in japan GN's. wiring is lighter chrome is thinner. even the plastics on the sidecovers are a bit weaker.

evopaul, Sep 8, 6:01pm
Yes , manufactured in China for over 20 years now , still bullet proof mechanically tho. The 125 is a bit asthmatic but is ok for a smaller /.lighter rider.

the-lada-dude, Sep 8, 7:49pm
ok, . ta

yz490, Sep 29, 6:09pm
Lada dude, at least my Lada was made in Russia [i think]. Yes probably said it before but even early Yamaha 100 singles L2G [yb100] first one was great, just a willing motor. Second one came from Taiwan & was bloody awful. Slow underpowered, thirsty peed me off & the customer who wanted it to go like his mates earlier model. Why the hell do they do that or is it production costs--or does yamaha nz source cheaper markets to keep[ costs retail cost down in nz. Sorry you're talking suzuki but maybe same applies. Someone said the china GN125 was/is a bit asthmatic which reminded me of way 'back when' in late "60's, even the great little 100 twin yam 4 speed & real goer with good torque too then the 5 speed next year was gutless & had to wring its neck. All those gutless singles & twins had lockable petrol caps & slash cut ends on the mufflers * other things so those twins probably came from taiwan too. Sorry--for venting off.