Car that you would like to buy BUT.

Page 1 / 2
db.price, Aug 27, 10:00pm
You know that if you did they would be disappointing.

For me it would be the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk - 2019 model as they will have all the modern safety features that our current car has.

I like the look of them and they have some real offroad ability as well - but looking at reviews build quality is iffy and after purchase support in NZ is not rated highly.

tmenz, Aug 27, 10:02pm
1960s Mustang.

db.price, Aug 27, 10:11pm
Yes this would also be something I would love - but I have not mechanical ability so would spend most of the time paying someone else to fix it!

serf407, Aug 27, 11:09pm
The work around for 60s mustang is to get a big buck new ground up nz build with new dynacorn panels etc.
http://www.internationalmotorsport.co.nz/imageLib/nzv8_mustang.pdf

A worn out wrx or evo.

ambo11, Aug 28, 7:26am
Mercedes B200, for a cheap go to work car which would be fairly economical, or the ML320/350 to tow with. but I KNOW they would send me insane with stupid little sensor/electrical faults and the trans could possibly cost heaps in repairs. there are a couple of euros I like but I know I would end up regretting buying one. Frustrating, as the euros are so nice looking and well appointed. but they are a turd rolled in glitter unfortunately.

the-lada-dude, Aug 28, 7:44am
Vauxhall Viva . snoopy's dream car . lol

friendly_prawn, Aug 28, 7:49am
God there are soooo many.
Last of the Falcon p/v's and drop in a P76 V8. Yep P76 in a Falcon Panelvan.
VK commodore factory V8!
S1,2,3, RX7 - V8 transplant,
Actually nearly any V8' would do. Old Jailbar. Perhaps a 47 Thriftmaster, with a V8 transplant. 61 Dodge Pioneer factory V8 coupe.

The list goes on. I can only dream. I dont have the time or the room, or the money too I guess to play around with toys. Petrol consumption of a V8 not practical. There's that horrible word. Practical. God Im getting old.

bigfatmat1, Aug 28, 8:12am
2009 Audi RS6 5.0l twin turbo v10. But . I would lose my license

friendly_prawn, Aug 28, 8:26am
C6 Corvette. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

vtecintegra, Aug 28, 9:14am
Mazda MX-5. The reason I'd be disappointed is because I live in Wellington and the weather here just isn't good enough for top down most of the time (and thats how they're best driven)

3tomany, Aug 28, 9:15am
BMW. I always wanted one until i went shopping only to find every one i test drove to be so disappointing.

nice_lady, Aug 28, 9:42am
That's easy - just wear a raincoat whilst driving !

rob_man, Aug 28, 10:07am
D Type Jag replica from the guy in the south island. I just know it would rain every day of the week if I had one.

franc123, Aug 28, 10:21am
Too right, especially anything less than a 3 series with a largish six cylinder engine in it. Gutless short life plasticky turds all of them, why they sell so many of them globally every year is a mystery.

friendly_prawn, Aug 28, 12:33pm
I once pulled up at the traffic lights in an MX5 i was driving. Right behind a big Diesel truck. The diesel fumes filled the car. It was over powering. He must have had the exhaust coming straight out the back of the truck.
Manual soft top. No where to go, Cars on both sides. Stuck there and had to suck it up. Blerkk. That put me off convertibles for good.

Probably fun on long trips on a nice summers day but around town? No way Jose!.

nice_lady, Aug 28, 2:48pm
Yeah I personally prefer the airconditioning to open windows on hot days and you largely get to miss out on the fun of sitting behind stinky diesel vehicles, (of which there are plenty on the road).

poppy62, Aug 28, 2:58pm
Smart Brabus Roadster. But I wouldn't be able to get in and out of it now.

dublo, Aug 28, 4:11pm
Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow! Can be bought very cheaply but that is just the deposit - the electrics are complex, as is the high pressure hydraulic system operating the self-leveling and the brakes- you need to drive them regularly ("at least 10 miles every 10 days") to keep them alive.

mals69, Aug 28, 4:22pm
Was that when you were going through your poofter stage ?

poppy62, Aug 28, 7:00pm
Nah! he hasn't got to the Mustang/Skyline stage yet.

tgray, Aug 28, 8:21pm
Countach. The dream surpasses reality. Cool dream though.

stevexc, Aug 28, 8:28pm
1990s 300ZX

Would probably get a non turbo one which means I end up with an under-performing, thirsty, unreliable, hard to work on pile of junk.

I still want one though.

stevo2, Aug 28, 8:40pm
Weve never driven ours around town. Its always onto the highways or preferably the back roads ASAP.

rovercitroen, Aug 28, 8:52pm
Citroen DS21 or DS23. Rare in this country and expensive to buy a good one. I wish I had have bought one 20 years ago.

stevo2, Aug 28, 9:08pm
71 HG Monaro. or a Phase 3 GTHO Falcon. Cool cars but I know I would be hugely disappointed with them if I owned them.
I'm more into handling/roadholding than outright horsepower so perhaps a late model Porsche.