Car that you would like to buy BUT.

Page 2 / 2
mals69, Aug 29, 8:29am
Stang his dream car for years, but his mrs made him buy
an everest.

BMW know their target audience

http://adage.com/article/news/bmw-criticized-ads-targeting-gays/108052/

poppy62, Aug 29, 10:42am
I note that you conveniently overlook the fact that the Ford Mustang was originally targeted for the Women drivers. So yeah! the original Girly, limp wrist car.

poppy62, Aug 29, 10:43am
http://adage.com/article/news/bmw-criticized-ads-targeting-g
ays/108052/
Edited by mals69 at 8:42 am, Wed 29 Aug
mals69 (167 167 positive feedback) 8:29 am,

Did you get that out of one of your "hair dressing mags"?

mals69, Aug 29, 12:29pm
That was automotive marketing genius, the designers wanted something that appealed to women so that they could convince their husbands to get one. Better history than supplying Adolf Hitler to kill the innocent.

friendly_prawn, Aug 29, 12:31pm
Cant resist saying, my dream car was a early 70's coke bottle shaped corvette. when I finally had enough money to buy one, I went out of town to buy one. I can remember seeing it in the car yard. So godamn cool looking. Most beautiful shaped vehicle on the planet. Couldn't wait to get behind the wheel for a test drive. Jumped in that thing and took it for a spin. What a pig. Big heavy handling pile of junk. Couldnt get it back to the car yard fast enough. Put me off them for life.

Always had this dream of one day becoming filthy rich and buying a coke bottle shaped corvette. Building a alloy chassi for it. Then ditching all the fibreglass body work and replacing it with specially fabricated alloy body panels. Then ripping out the ugliest dash on the planet and replacing it with something modern looking. Retaining the same shape of course. In fact thats all that would be left of the original. The shape.

mals69, Aug 29, 12:34pm

poppy62, Aug 29, 2:18pm
Your Closet door jammed?

poppy62, Aug 29, 2:21pm
Just buy a Coke bottle it's a better all round product.

mals69, Aug 29, 3:23pm
Live in a Californian bungalow I don't have any closets.

Steve McQueen knew ''The good oil'.

rob_man, Aug 29, 3:23pm
Carbon fibre would be more practical, I remember it being noised about that Corvettes would have weighed less if they were made from steel, don't know if that's true or not but they are incredibly heavy.

poppy62, Aug 29, 3:27pm
Oh! so you're out! May I suggest a Nissan Figaro convertible.

mals69, Aug 29, 3:49pm
Rainbow nation never be into Nissan Figaro - SLK Merc all the way!

friendly_prawn, Aug 29, 3:55pm
Lol, you wont get any arguments from me on that one.

mals69, Aug 29, 3:57pm
6,2L Clubsport manual - but after awhile no doubt fuel
consumption would start to rub, according to carjam
$49/100kms $22/hour of city commute. Surely though
would not chew through $49 worth of fuel with the 6
speed on open road ?

3tomany, Aug 29, 4:11pm
Yea i since found my true sexuality.

3tomany, Aug 29, 4:14pm
wrong way round the mrs wanted a stang but i needed an everest, so got promises to keep still. Not enough coin at the mo.

poppy62, Aug 29, 4:27pm
It's a whole lot more than Mals69 has got. He prefers not to have a manager, as he likes to handle himself.

poppy62, Aug 29, 4:29pm
Must say mate! that you seem to be handling the banter a lot more subtly than you did in the not too distant past.

trogedon, Aug 29, 4:30pm
Mk 3 Cortina same (ish) shape too.

mals69, Aug 29, 5:33pm
Okie dokie

mals69, Aug 29, 5:34pm
Sadly at the moment that is the truth.

mals69, Aug 29, 5:36pm
Had blocked liver, finally coming right,

tamarillo, Aug 29, 6:37pm
My 6.2 Calais wagon auto averaged 13.5 litres per 100km but that was plenty of South Island open roads and bugger all stop start town driving.

tamarillo, Aug 29, 6:38pm
Old jaguar - always wanted but. Never dared.