Spark Plugs

lespat, Sep 6, 4:45pm
Need new ones for my Benz C240. Quoted $500 for 12 (2 per cyl). Approx $100 in the USA. What I found interesting in buyers reviews is that the same plug fits Toyota Corollas. I'm a little sceptical this would be the case. If it is, we are really getting shafted here. Surely a plug for a Corolla wouldn't be $40ish each.

headcat, Sep 6, 4:55pm
Toyota parts costs are enough to make your eyes water. Just replace half of them at a time.

xs1100, Sep 6, 5:00pm
whats the part # of the spark plug

purple666, Sep 6, 5:07pm
Hell, they'd want to be self cleaning and self installing for that money.

lespat, Sep 6, 5:12pm
The Corolla supposedly uses the same plug. I have a Benz.

lespat, Sep 6, 5:16pm
NGK Iridium 5464 or BKR5EIX-11 plus a host of other alternatives available in the USA

sw20, Sep 6, 5:55pm
That most certainly is used in many Toyotas.

I have BKR5E in my 4AGE Corolla. $5 each. I use the copper plug, just change them every year.

franc123, Sep 6, 7:20pm
Repco was it?

mrcat1, Sep 6, 11:30pm
Those are the Iridium versions, there are cheaper versions available.

bigfatmat1, Sep 7, 8:17am
spark plugs as well as a lot of other parts at Toyota are line priced quite often cheaper than parts stores

sw20, Sep 7, 11:21am
Indeed. Factory Bilstein shock absorbers for the SW20 MR2 and Supra are around $160 a corner from Toyota.

bwg11, Sep 7, 3:02pm
My experience too. My old Prado was getting a bit loose in the back - priced shocks from Toyota and Repco. The price difference between genuine and aftermarket was insignificant.

mastertechno, Sep 7, 6:27pm
e bay.com.usa cuz

lespat, Sep 7, 10:12pm
Thanks for this. Amazing difference in prices. Wondering what the "Special" spark plugs are that my technician quoted at $45ish. Suspect they're the same as Iridiums starting at $15 on TM

slarty45, Sep 7, 10:16pm
your tech might be adding a $30 per plug handling fee

supernova2, Sep 7, 10:35pm
If looking on the bay etc this site might help your choices.
http://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/

pauldw, Oct 1, 8:14am
Some oem ngk iridium plugs also have platinum pads on the ground electrode so they last even longer. Worthwhile if the plugs need manifolds removed to get at. Prices in NZ still a rip.