2 cheap cars

stevo2, Oct 10, 7:01am

luvmykicks, Oct 10, 7:24am
Not surprised. I recently put a vehicle on hold at the wellington branch and travelled down to collect it. It has scrapes on the bumpers, one of the wing mirrors was cracked (not the mirror part), and all the black surfaces in the interior were covered in thick black polish gunk. The guy managing the branch looked all of 15 and clueless. When I told him the condition wasn't what was stated online he said that's why it was so cheap and tried to move me on to something double the price. When I test drove the car I wanted it sounded awful too so I left. Luckily it wasn't a problem to get my deposit returned so I'll say that much was good. Ended up busing from another dealer with a lot less pressure. He even sent me down the road for a coffee to have a think about it haha.

dbest, Oct 10, 8:03am
From what I've heard, majority of cars from them are max grade 3 auction. Lot of them have damage which is then repaired just to pass the mark. You can easily see this by the obvious over spray on exhaust pipes and in wheel arches.

If its 2cheap, its 2good to be true

mojo49, Oct 10, 1:00pm
The old adage of "there is a sucker born every minute" that applied when i was in the car business well over 40 years ago, seems to still apply, but I suspect it has gone up to one every 30 seconds. It is sad that people with that sort of ethics can con otherwise naive people into buying those POS.

purple666, Oct 10, 1:12pm
Your not allowed to flog car sellers/dealers if they try anything dodgey these days. That could well be why it is so rampant of late.

sw20, Dec 27, 5:58pm
They are just providing a product for those kiwis that want everything at the cheapest possible price. The ones that think they are owed a discount regardless of how the vehicle is priced.

Pay shit, get shit.